T w o

Dream edged his way through the crowds at the airport, one hand slumped into his pocket and another maintaining a tight grip on his phone. The entire day up to that point had felt like some sort of sick fever dream - the fact that he was going to actually see George in person after all these years felt surreal. And now here he was - going to collect him from his flight and take him home for a week. The pit of fear and excitement in his stomach grew larger by the minute. The fear of the unknown yet the excitement of the exact same thing.

He tried to calm himself up by thinking of the fact that George wasn't coming for him, Dream was just offering him accommodation - doing him a favour as a friend. He was here to do his charity project - that's all. He was overthinking this too much - but how can you expect someone to remain calm when the man they have spent 2 years crushing on is going to stay in their house for a week?

This felt like something out of a WattPad fanfiction. One that him and George would make numerous jokes about in an effort to clear the awkward air surrounding it.

The biggest  thing that left Dream on edge was the fact that George hadn't seen his face yet - he had no clue what he looked like. How would he able to find him at the terminal? Would George find him unattractive? He didn't know what George was expecting him to look like - he had only ever sent him baby photos in late night attempts to make him laugh. He began to regret not showing him his face beforehand, as it would've reduced his current anxiety by a functionable amount.

As if on cue, Dream felt the slight vibration of his phone against his hand. He quickly lifted it into eye-view and saw a new notification: a text from George.

George
My plane just landed, meet me in terminal in about 15! :)

He replied with a blunt "okay" and quietly slid his phone back into his pocket. He could feel the top of his fingers trembling with the sudden nerves and realisation that George would be infront of him in 'about 15.'

Sometimes, when Dream was feeling extra bored or weary during late, long nights of editing, he would sit and fantasize about this exact scenario; about all the different outcomes that could occur when he finally met George. His favourite scenario ended in a kiss and a hug - but he knew it was only a fantasy driven by sleep deprivation and the edge of a caffeine overdose.

What sort of friend would he be if he threw away two years of friendship in an  attempt to pursue his late-night delusions? George and Sapnap were his best friends; the only two people that he has ever felt fully comfortable around. But he had enough self-awareness to realise that he thought about George in a different way than he did Sapnap.

He didn't understand, and he didn't think he had to. He was only in his twenties, after all. It was normal to question little details about yourself, right?

Dream trudged through the airport that seemed to go on for miles and miles. He fidgeted with his phone in his pocket, waiting to feel the vibration of another text from George against his hand. He knew this airport like the back of his hand, yet today he felt like a lost child without it's mother amongst the crowd. His sense of direction seemed to vanish along with his confidence. 

He reached terminal and came to a halt near the window. He could see streams of people exiting a plane and entering the building but he couldn't  find a short British brunette amongst them. He must've went to the wrong place or something, he thought.

This time, Dream was the one to call George from his phone. It rang for a brief half-second before George picked up from the other end.

"Hey, uh, I'm at terminal now. Where are you?" Dream looked around him as he asked into the phone.