E i g h t

George's third day in Florida.
Wednesday, 8.50 am.

Dream's somewhat peaceful sleep was abruptly ended by a timid knock on his bedroom door. Although barely audible, it was enough to interrupt his slumber. Maybe it was for the best; he was having a really strange dream.
The blonde sat up and squinted at the door from which the noise was coming from. "Come in, you don't have to knock."
The door opened with a creak to reveal George, standing awkwardly in a pink 'PawsAndPatches' t-shirt, accompanied by white cargo pants and his infamous airforces (the only shoes he brought with him to Florida, by the looks of it). His hands were hidden behind his back and his shrunken posture made him look shorter than he already was.
"We're leaving in 15. I'm just letting you know." George blinked.
"Yeah, that's fine." Dream let out an exaggerated yawn and heaved himself off the bed to stand infront of George, bending his head slightly to look down at him. The brunette recognized the pj's from their encounter last night. He couldn't help but snort.
"What's with the get-up, anyway?" Dream pointed to his pink t-shirt. The company's childish logo made it look like a piece of children's clothing.
"It's my uniform, asshole."
"That's embarrassing. You look 12."
"Yeah? Well, get a load of this," George pulled his hands out from behind his back to reveal a folded up green t-shirt being cradled in his arms.
"Is that-"
"Yep." George grinned playfully. "Don't worry, I got you green. I know you would refuse to wear any other colour."
"Why do we have to wear these?" Dream took the t-shirt and unfolded it, holding it out infront of him to see the logo. They couldn't have chosen a more childish logo; the name 'PawsAndPatches' in white bubble writing, with a little cartoon puppy resting on the first letter. It wore a pink collar and had its tongue out in what looked like relaxation.
"We're streaming, we need everyone to see the logo. It's a charity stream, dumbass. Do you not support charity?" George slumped over to Dream's desk. He began opening all of the drawers under the desk frantically, ruffling through the contents one by one.
"Hey, hey! What are you doing?" Dream huffed.
"I need aftershave. I forgot to pack mine."
"Okay, but who says you could look through my shit? I should be allowed to have a bit of privacy in my o-"
"Oh. My. God. Is this me?"
Dream's stomach dropped when he saw George's expression. He couldn't make out if he was happy or weirded out. He knew exactly what he had found.
"No, no. Well, yeah, it is you, but it's from ages ago, like years ago. Like, 2020 years ago!" He stammered, silently cursing himself for being so slow in the head.
George pulled out a small polaroid from the bottom of a drawer. The picture was of Dream's computer screen illuminating a dark room, and on the computer screen was George's face, supposedly from one of their Discord calls. He was waving at the camera and two Discord icons lay at the corner of the screen. He recognized the icons; Sapnap and Dream. This  was from one of their Discord calls.
George spent a minute peering at the polaroid. He looked happy, like really happy. He hadn't seem a photo of himself that smiley before. His grin went from ear to ear and brought light to his otherwise dreary features, such as the almost blue bags under his eyes and his untamed, tatted hair. It wouldn't take a genius to tell that this photo was taken late at night, on lack of sleep and too much caffeine.
"Do you think it's weird?" Dream broke the uncomfortable silence with a mumble. "I know it's strange, it's just that that was one of the first times that you turned on your facecam during one of our calls, so I guess I just wanted to.. I don't know, remember what you looked like? It was basically your face reveal."
George looked at the polaroid, then at Dream. He was visibly embarrassed; his cheeks were tinted with red and his eyes were wide.
He didn't know what to say. Even though it was just a little photograph, he felt flattered. He had no idea that Dream had taken that photo. It made him feel loved; to think that Dream had kept it for so long. He never thought him to be the affectionate type. The brunette felt his face heating up at the thought of him taking the photo without his knowledge. He could've atleast fixed his hair. Still, he didn't think that anyone appreciated him like that. He especially didn't think that Dream appreciated him like that.
"That's cute." George looked at the blonde and managed a kind smile. He didn't want him to feel more uncomfortable than he already (visibly) did. "That's really nice of you, Dream."
"Why do you still call me that? You know my real name's Clay, right? Please tell me you know that."
"Yeah, I do. It's just force of habit."
Dream nodded and chuckled.
"Okay, I'm gonna go.. Um, you should get changed into that t-shirt and be ready to go at 9.30." George ordered, desperate to escape from the tense energy in the room.
"Aye-aye, captain." Dream gave a little salute.
George nodded, looking around quietly for a second before walking out. He made sure to close the door carefully on his way out.
Somehow, George had forgotten all about the aftershave.