seven

as the birthday girl sang her fifth song in a row at the karaoke machine i drank another shot.

"my head feels like it's going to explode because of her awful voice", lia says and holds her head in her hands.

"you want to go up there and sing one with me?", jaehyuk asks yedam.

"yess please! anything to stop her from singing!", lia shouts a bit too loud before i slighty punch her shoulder to shush her.

"alright, let's go", yedam says and they walk away from our table.

"another round of shots?", lia asks.

we all nod and junkyu stands up to walk over to the bar with her.

"how are you liking it so far?", he asks.

"eh.. it's honestly a lot fun considering most people don't even seem to like the birthday girl. i almost forgot we were at a party because it's really nice to hang out with you guys", i say and laugh.

"i thought the same. i wonder what song yedam and-"

"how are you guys doing?", seohyun shouts with her annoying voice and sits down next to jihoon.

"pretty good. are you enjoying your birthday so far?", jihoon asks and scoots closer to me.

"i love it. by the way, jihoon you look really handsome today. i mean.. you always do but especially today!"

i turn my head and try to hide my laugh but jihoon seems to have noticed because he turns to me and starts laughing too.

"what? did something happen?", seohyun asks innocently.

we both shake our heads and smile at her.

suddenly somebody sits down next to me and puts his arm over my shoulder.

the three of us turn around almost in sync to see who it is.

"hey guys! i thought i'd come over and have a little fun with you.. especially this lady here", he says as his face is too close and starts to make me feel uncomfortable.

jihoon looks at me and notices my expression trying to ask for help.

"you want to go outside for a minute? you look like you'd need some fresh air", he asks and goes to take my hand.

"wow wow, are you trying to take her away from me?", hyunjin asks jokingly but jihoon doesn't seem to find it as funny as him.

"you can talk to her later, let's go."

"do you guys know eachother?", seohyun asks me and hyunjin with a surprised look on her face.

i shake my head, "no, this is the first time we've met."

i remember what the guys told me about seohyun and hyunjin. judging from her face she doesn't look pleased seeing a random girl sitting with her ex boyfriend.

even though it wasn't my fault hyunjin sat so close to me, i still feel as if i was the bad guy.

"i really could use some fresh air now", i say and stand up to follow jihoon outside.

we walk around the corner and sat down on a bench.

"i hope you don't feel too bad, hyunjin doesn't know when to draw the line, it's understandable for you to feel uncomfortable", he rubs his hands to keep warm because of the cold weather.

"it's okay. thank you. actually, i should thank you for everything. thanks again for helping me with my apartment, saving my wallet and for saving me from whatever just happened", i say and give him a smile.