nine

jihoon looks confused at the both of us before he helps me stand up.

"what are you doing here, jinyoung?"

"i wanted to bring you a housewarming gift", he lifts up the bag he's carrying to show me.

"how did you even know?"

"i ran into chris the other day so we talked for a bit and he told me", he shrugs his shoulders.

"chris- he really couldn't keep it to himself..", i mumble to myself.

"so who's this guy?", jinyoung asks and points at jihoon.

"none of your business. we should get going", i tell jihoon.

"you're just going to leave?"

"what the hell do you expect me to do?", i ask.

"wow, somebody's in a bad mood."

"actually- i was in a great mood before i saw you standing here", i snap at him and take jihoons hand to leave.

"you should be careful around her or else you might end up like me", he warns jihoon with a little laugh at the end.

i turn around in shock and slowly walk up to him, trying to keep myself calm.

"if i haven't made myself clear enough the last time when you and your family made me feel like shit- i don't want to see you again, ever."

there's a tense silence before jihoon put his hand around my shoulder to walk me back to my apartment.

-

it was almost 3am when i got some blankets and pillows for everyone to sleep. even though i live here alone i had enough space for everyone to sleep.

yedam, junkyu and jaehyuk took over the couch, jihoon and hyunsuk shared the mattress i put on the floor in my bedroom. while lia and i are going to sleep on my bed.

after making sure everyone got changed in their pyjamas i put the boys to sleep, which didn't take longer than one minute since they drank too much.

i walk into the bedroom to the other three and saw everyone already laying down in their places.

"the party was so much fun, kaia. thank you so much for inviting us and i hope you enjoyed it just as much as we did", yedam says in his cute sleepy voice making me smile.

"i definitely did. all thanks to you, guys", i softly pat his head before laying down next to lia.

after a few minutes of talking i noticed that everyone fell asleep and that i was the only one struggling to do so.

i get out of bed quietly and walk out on the balcony to sit down at my favourite spot.

snuggling into my blanket i look at the view.

a few moments later i hear the door slowly open.

"want some company?", jihoon asks with two cups in his hands.