Ch. 6

Author POV

The Next Day

Peter slept for a few hours before he woke up and he hasn't been able to sleep since, luckily he's only been awake for an hour and it's already 10 on the morning. He decides he needs to tell Ned, his best friend so he call hims up.

"Hey Peter, what's going on bro?", "Ned, can I come over and hangout with you?", "yeah, Lola likes you anyways, so come on over, and bring food and drinks". Peter smiles, "yeah sure, you got it bro... oh and I actully wanna tell you something, I checked that USB and boy do I have news for you buddy", "is it bad news?", "no, but it's newsz surprising news bro and a big shock, your gonna freak, I was left speechless", "then get over here quick, we can use my laptop and use the USB on it", "yeah, imbgetting dressed and Spiderman should be over in about 20 minutes", "awesome, use my window bro".

Ned hangs up as they say bye, and Peter leaves his apartment as Spiderman with his bag full of clothsles for him to change into. He stops and buys chips and drinks and swings over to Ned's place, and goes through the window and changes into his clothes before Ned comes walking into the room. "My laptop is ready downstairs, I wanna see what left you speechless", "ok Ned, but promise me you won't freak... and use head phones", "ok". They head downstairs and plug in the USB and Peter shows the the first video while they snack on the chips and sodas they have.

"... you're adopted Peter", Ned nearly chokes at the revelation he just heard, "yeah, I'm adopted", says Peter, as he helps Ned, "woah, I can't believe it, you're adopted!", "yeah, I was shocked when I heard this as well, but this isn't even the biggest shock, "watch this video and you'll see why when I finished this, I was left speechless".

Ned hears how Peter's real mother is Russian, but is also an Avenger, an Avenger named Natasha Romanoff aka The Black Widow, "What The -", "hey you promised you wouldn't freak out", "how can't I, your mother is an Avenger!", says Ned.

Peter has to agree, Ned's freaking out because his best friend is a kid to the most dangerous Avenger of them all, The Natasha Romanoff, "... so then that makes you Peter Romanoff, huh!", "... yeah, I guess so... but that stays between us", "well, I'd ask why but I can see you're still struggling with it, this the biggest shock I've ever seen", says Ned.

Peter then nods and looks at a mirror and remembers how she looked, "... if I'm being honest, I was just a few inches away from her when I was in Germany like I said", "yeah, thats true, you were near her", "and... now looking back, I can totally see a resemblance between us", says Peter.

Ned brings up Natasha's photo and looks at Peter, "woah, you kinda do buddy, no lie, you both have green eyes", says Ned. Peter looks at the photo and then see's all the similarities they have, ".... she's beautiful don't you think?", asks Peter, not realizing a tear came down his eyes.

Ned looks at Peter and just sadly smiles, "you gonna be ok Peter?", "I'm not sure, this is just too much for me to handle right now"  he says, as more tears escape his grasp. Ned gets up from his chair and hugs Peter, "you're not alone buddy, I'm gonna be right here".

2 Hours Later

After Peter stopped crying, they changed the subject and rebuilt the Lego Death Star and had fun. For Ned, he wanted Peter to forget about what he learned and hoped it helped, even if for a little while.

Peter just laughs as he tells the story of how he accidentally webbed up a guy who he thought was breaking into a car, but he is still thinking about him mom, his life..... 'do I wanna meet her? Do I want that?', he asks himself does questions, but not knowing if he wants to even meet his own mother.

5 Hours Later

Peter is getting back home from being on patrol and having a slow day, no crime at all, so he was just swinging to clear his mind. He climbs into his room and changes into something comfortable, "hey May, I'm back", "oh good, I brought some food, you hungry?", "yeah, let me get dressed".

Peter walks out and sits across from May, "how was your day?", asks May, as she can see he's been crying, knowing this has been a tough situation for Peter, "I've had better days... still in shock of what I learned", "I'm so sorry baby, I know this is tough, finding out your life is a lie", she says in a soothing tone, not wanting to see him in a sad mood, "yeah, but what is making it easier for me is that you, Tony, Pepper, Rhodey, Happy and Ned are there for me", "and we always will be Pete, we love you", says May.

Peter smiles, not caring if this life is a lie, he wants this, he wants all the people he has now, these people care for him, "thanks May, I know that more now than I have", Peter says, making May, smile, "good, now lets eat this amazing food", "them to dig in".