Ch. 7

Author POV

A few Day Later

Peter is leaving school and is gonna start his patrol, so he finds an alley and changes into his suit. He hides his bag on top if the building and leaves to do his thing. After swinging for about a few minutes, he finds a mother and her son being held up at by some things with bats and crow bars, "give us your money and you can leave".

Peter jumps down and starts fighting off the thugs as the mother and son hide away. Peter takes care of the thugs and checks on the people hiding, "are you two ok?", "yes, thanks you Spiderman", "yeah, thanks Spidey, you a hero", says the boy, who hugs Peter, "geez, thanks, take care", "thank you again", says the mother.

Peter climbs to the top of the building near where he saved that mother and son and watched them leave happily. He calls the cops after webbing up the thugs, then leaves and looks behind him and sees the mother and son in a happy mood, which saddens him.

An Hour Later

Peter is swinging and lands in front of his favorite pizza place and orders a box of pizza, a Meat Lovers. He then swings off and finds a quiet place on top of an apartment building, but he stops and gets sad upon seeing another mother and son, having a day in.

Peter see's them have dinner and talk and laugh, which starts killing Peter inside, wishing that was him and his mother. He grabs his pizza and swings towards another building and lands after a minute, but he finds another mother and son, a baby son playing with his toys, along with his mother.

"Again... what is it with me seeing mothers and son's, damn!", says Peter. He just turns away and eats his pizza, and leaves home.

Today's patrol was uneventful, barely anyone did anything happened today, but what he did find slowly starting to kill him on the inside. He returns home and changes from the suit into cloths and lays down on his bed. He remembers all those mothers and sons, and thinks of the life he and Natasha could have had.

He thinks of himself as a small kid, just running around, laughing with her and playing around, he see's her as he celebrates his birthdays and how he is top student at his school. After thinking of the memories that could've been, he begins crying, and just can't stop.

May walks in his room and sees him laying down, "Peter, I made dinner, are you hungry?", asks May, but Peter shakes his head and tries answering the best he could, "no May, I-Im fine", he says between sobs.

She immediately sits next to him, "oh my God Peter, whats wrong baby?!?", May asks in a panic, "... I don't know May", he says hysterically in sobs, "I think I do, your crying for your mother, aren't you?". Peter just nods as he cries even more, "dont worry baby, it's gonna be ok, Tony can call her over and you can meet her", "No.... no, not yet....".

May is surprised at his answer, Peter is crying for her yet he doesn't wanna see her, which confuses her. She see's him with tears running down his face, "well, when you're ready, we can call her, how's that sound?", says May.

Peter just looks at her and nods, "sounds good, I- I still need to process what I learned about me... and I'm not sure how long that's gonna take", "well, like I said, we're all gonna be here for you Peter, we all love you", says May, as she hugs Peter, "I love you too May".