𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐢𝐫

We went to Bruno's home, I guess? It was a small room full of rats, and old things. It was kinda messy. Poor him, living alone in the walls..

"Soo.. you never left?" Mirabel asked Bruno.

"Well, I- I left my tower which was, y'know, a lot of stairs, and in here? Eh? Kitchen adjacent! And plus, free entertainment!" Bruno said, and showed us a really old piece of arepa from tía Julieta and a small wooden theater with different backgrounds to choose from.

"So, what do you like? What do you like?" He grabbed his rats and placed them on the theater, then he started changing the backgrounds.

"Sports? Game shows! Telenovelas.." When he said telenovelas, a rat that was playing the princess left, and another one took his place.

"That love could never be.." He said and sat down in his old, red armchair.

"Ooh! I love telenovelas!" I said excitedly. Even though it wasn't a real television like back on earth, I still loved it.

"I don't understand.." Mirabel said.

"Yeah, I don't as well-"

"Well because, she's his aunt and she has amnesia, so she can't remember she's his aunt." He explained.

"Oh.. That's kinda weird. But cool!" I said.

"Easy as I say, it's like a really forbidden thing-" Bruno said but Mirabel interrupted him.

"No, I don't understand, why you left but didn't leave.." She said.

"Oh well, because y'know the mountains around the Encanto are pretty tall, and uh, and like you know, like I said free food and everything, hehe.. yeah you guys you guys love the free food, don't you?" He said, and started talking to his rats, taking them somewhere and giving them the food.

While looking at him showing the arepa again, I noticed the wall behind him. Well, it wasn't a wall. It was the back of a painting. I saw a crack in the painting. I came closer to look through it, and I saw the kitchen.. I realized how he got free food. We were now in the walls of the kitchen! Next to the painting was a small wooden table with something drawn on it. And that something was a plate, drawn with a white chalk. There was written "Bruno" on it. I'm so sorry for him! Even though he hid in the walls, he still tries to be apart of the family. His wish is to dine with them!

"Yeah, my gift wasn't helping the family. But uh, but I love my family, you know?" He said in a sad tone. I turned around to look at him in shock.

"I just don't know how to- I just don't know how to.." He said, trying to figure out what he really wanted to say. I came closer to him, and hugged him.

"Ah! I- I- I don't do hugs anymore! O-okay you can let go now?.." He said.

"You looked like you needed a hug, so I gave you one! Hugs are important, y'know?" I said and pulled away.

"She's right, Camilo always gave me hugs when I was sad. It helps so much!" Mirabel added.

"Yeah.. me, your mom and tía Pepa always hugged when we were little. I guess I forgot how it feels.." Bruno said.

"Well anyway, I- I think you should go, because uhm, I don't really have a good reason. But if I did, you'd be like I should go, because that's a good reason.." He said and sat down in his armchair.

"I'm River." I said and pulled out my hand so we could shake them. I didn't introduce myself, and I was already hugging him.

"Oh! I-I'm Bruno. You can just call me tío if, if you'll even ever come back.. I don't know." He said and made a small shake with my hand. I smiled.

"Why was I in your vision?" Mirabel asked him

"Tío Bruno?.. I just wanted to make the family proud of me.. Just once. But, if I should stop.. if I'm hurting the family.. Just tell me."

"You mean if WE are hurting the family. I went with you to the tower, I'm involved in this aswell." I told Mirabel.

"I can't tell you.." Bruno said and Mirabel sighed.

"..because I don't know. I had this vision the night that you didn't get your gift, Mirabel. Abuela was worried about the magic, so she begged me to look into the future, see what it meant. And I saw the magic.. in danger. Our house.. breaking. And then, I saw you. But the vision was different. It would change.. And there was no one answer, no clear fate.. Like your future was undecided.. But I knew how I was gonna look, I knew what everyone would think, because I'm Bruno and everyone only assume the worst, so.. so.."

"You left.. to protect.. me?" Mirabel said.

"Yeah.. But now, you should really leave." Bruno said and lead us to he door.

"I wish I could've seen more.." He said and closed the door.

"Yeah.." Mirabel said.

"I maybe have an idea.." I said.

"Huh?"

"He said that he wished he could've seen more, so why doesn't he just see more now?"

"Oh.. That makes sense!"

"WE ARE BACK" I yelled and kick-opened his door.

"AAAH!" Bruno yelled, since he got scared.

"You wish you could've see more, so see more!" I said and started to follow him since he was backing away.

"Have another vision!"

"Oh, no- no, you see I- I don't d-do visions anymore!" Bruno said and hid behind his armchair.

"But you could?" Mirabel said.

"But I won't." Bruno said, and grabbed a broom.

"You can't say the weight of the world is on your shoulders, the end! If our fates are up to me and Mirabel, we say, have another VISION! Maybe it'll show us what to do!" I said and pulled the broom out of his hands. He put on my face one of the theater backgrounds, but I dodged them as well.

"Okay, but even if I wanted to, which I DON'T, you wrecked my vision cave! Which is a problem, because I need a big, open space." He said.

"We'll find one!"

"Where?!"

"Use my room." Someone said. We all turned around and saw Antonio with his animals.

"The rats told me everything, don't eat those!" He warned his jaguar that was about to eat some of the rats.

Back at the Casita..

"You should have told me the second you saw the vision!" Abuela was arguing with Mirabel's dad, Agustín. Above the Encanto was forming a huge thundercloud because of Pepa.

"Think of the family!"

"I was thinking of my daughter!" Agustín defended himself. Julieta went to hold his arm.

"Pepa, calm down." Abuela told Pepa.

"I'm doing my best!" Pepa answered. She was sitting on the stairs.

"Yes." Felix confirmed, and tried to make the cloud go away with a hat, because Pepa had a snow cloud above her head.

"You're lucky it's not a HURRICANE!" Pepa yelled and Felix's hat flew away.

"Mama, you're always being too hard on Mirabel." Julieta told Abuela. Abuela sighed.

"Mirabel was in that vision for a reason. Find her."