𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎 - 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬

"Ow!- You could at least warn me.." I said. Hugo teleported me back, and I dropped on the ground.

I'm sorry, you know my powers are fading, I couldn't keep you back on earth for much longer.

"Wait, what about the others? I need to find them!" I rushed out of my room and down the stairs, where I found Dolores with Camilo.

"What are you doing here?.." I asked.

"River!" Camilo went to hug me when he saw me. "You ran away, I went after you but when I looked through your house, you were gone!"

"Will you ever stop going into my house without permission?-"

"-Answer me! Where were you?!"

"I- I can't tell you.. But I'm here now so.." I said and pulled away from the hug.

"Tell me. I can't lose you!"

"You won't lose me, don't worry!"

He was looking at me with seriousness in his eyes. I was looking at him, holding my breath the whole time. We stared at each other until Dolores spoke.

"Uhm- What now?"

I just can't tell you, it would ruin everything.. I thought.

"Let her be." Hugo appeared behind Camilo. Dolores was shocked, and I exhaled. Camilo turned around.

"Oh, it's you. So now we're keeping secrets, huh?"

"Stop acting like this. This isn't your personality."

"What do you know about my personality? You don't even know me and I don't know you."

"Oh I know you very well, through River. I'm her best friend." Hugo explained. Camilo exhaled and turned back to me.

"Don't do this ever again. You don't know how much you mean to me.."

"I'm sorry.." I hugged him. Hugo was nowhere to see now.

"Sorry to ruin the moment, but it's half past one and we just skipped lunch, Camilo."

"Mamá surely excused us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where were you two?!" We ended up meeting Abuela in the Casita, and she was clearly mad. A little bit, at least.

"River got lost and we went to find her, which failed and Camilo was devasted but then River came out of nowhere and we reunited and now we're here, sorry for not coming to lunch." Dolores explained.

"..You're lucky this time. I don't know what we would do without River. If Camilo's just too lame to find a girl on his own, then it's her or someone in the village."

"He's not lame. Isabela also didn't want to marry Mariano, remember? She's 21 and still doesn't have a lover. Why would Camilo need to have one?" I said.

"Mamá, I think you need some rest. You promised you'll go easy on us, right? Then go easy on Camilo." Pepa stepped in the conversation and walked away with Abuela.

"Well, Dolores, what about your chores? Are you done?"

"Actually, no. Not at all." She answered.

"Then I'll help you! You'll be next on the list to hang out with me."

"Sure but, how can you help with my chores? I just listen to get any necessary information the townspeople need."

"Well, I can..." That was a really dumb thing to say. Of course I can't help her with anything..

"You don't have to help me. Just keep me company." Dolores smiled.

"What about me?" Camilo asked.

"You had enough of me today." I said.

"I can't get enough of you, princesa." He winked at me.

"Let's go!" I said and grabbed Dolores' hand. We rushed outside.

Camilo's p.o.v:

Why are you doing this to me?.. I said to myself. Mirabel came.

"I swear I'll kill her after you're married!"

"No, it's alright. If she doesn't love me-"

"-SHE DOES LOVE YOU! She just doesn't know it. I'm sure you're gonna be together soon."

"Did you get tío Bruno's vision?"

"No, but I can feel it... That's right! You two should go ask tío Bruno for a vision! Then you'll have your answer."

"What if.. She finds someone else in the future?"

"Don't say that and it won't happen."

"You're right."

River's p.o.v:

"So, what do you do?" I asked Dolores.

"Well, usually when people see me walking down the streets, they already come ask me to listen for something."

"Dolores!-" A villager called for her.

"-here it goes." She said while the person ran towards us.

"I lost my cat, do you know where he is?"

"Oh, give me a second.. I can't hear him right now. He doesn't make any sound right now."

"How did he look like?" I asked.

"Just a longhair russian blue cat."

"Oh, I think I saw her somewhere around Julieta's food stand."

"Thank you so much!" The person said and left.

"Wait, I never saw a cat around here.."

But I did. Hugo said in my head.

"How does that work?.."

I'll tell you later.

"Who are you talking with?" Dolores asked.

"Oh, uhh- I suffer from self-talk..?" I said and smiled nervously.

"Oh."

"Dolores! Where's my child?!"

"Dolores, is my mom coming late to my daughter's birthday?!"

"Dolores!"

A lot of people crowded around us, Dolores covered her ears. Poor her, I have to do something!

"Everyone, stop!"

"And who are you to yell at us?"

"I'm Dolores' friend and I'm just trying to help. You're getting used to Dolores too much, you can't even properly take care of your things yourself! She needs a break as well, you know?"

"How can I take care of not knowing if my mom will come late to the birthday party?"

"Figure it out yourself. Now shoo!" I said and they all left, grumpy.

"River, you didn't have to do that! Now they're gonna be angry! It's my job."

"It's not your job, it's torture. You should stand up for yourself, and they should learn how to take care of themselves if what they need to know isn't necessary."

"Well, t-thank you.."

"Dolores!-"

"What?" I said and turned to the person behind me.

"L-look, I just need to know if there are any problems on the highway, my family is supposed to come for vacation."

"Okay, that's fine."