Chapter 39

Azriel's eyes cleared of sleepiness the moment Gwyn reached for the hem of her nightgown, and he sank back into the pillows as she pulled it up and over her head. 

"What was it you said, Berdara? Something fun? Want to fill me in on the details?"

"Oh, it's on a need-to-know basis," Gwyn grinned as his whole body tensed when she tossed the nightgown aside. She leaned forward to place one hand on his chest, she couldn't have stopped him if he really wanted to rise, but he just raised an eyebrow and tossed a hand behind his head, the other slowly winding up the arm she'd braced beside his head. "And right now," she continued, slightly breathlessly, "You don't need to know, Shadowsinger," Azriel grinned, almost to himself, 

"Then I must apologize, my lady, for not making the list," his calm facade only cracked based on the way the shadows were dancing around them, curling around Gwyn's waist, snaking down her arms, and twining into her hair. That calm was an act, and Gwyn's heart pounded at being the one to break down his walls, the one who made him look like, like he wanted to devour her, that he wanted to take his time and learn every inch of her skin. The heat in his gaze was infectious, filling her chest and pooling in her belly, a curling sensation low in her stomach guiding her. She wanted this, wanted him, and he wanted her, more than perhaps even she had previously realized. She blinked hard when she realized that she'd been staring at him, and tilted her head to the side to study him again, for once unable to read what he was planning. She shifted her weight off him, and crooked one finger to beckon him to sit up before straddling his lap.  

Azriel wound a hand into her hair, the other brushing across her cheek,

"You're sure what you want?"

"Everything," she whispered, leaning into his touch, "I want everything, I want you." Azriel closed his eyes for a moment, and then his lips were on hers, and Gwyn melted into his touch, looping her arms around his neck as she opened for him, every part of her lighting on fire at his touch, his taste. She tightened her grip as the heat in her belly spread, setting her very blood on fire as Azriel's tongue met her own, claiming her mouth as he held her closer, every part of her pressing against him. She moved her hips against him experimentally, and it, it was different than before, with his pants still a barrier between them, but, gods, she could feel him, she could feel his arousal through his pants, and she rocked her hips again, moaning at the feel of the fabric against her sensitive skin. Azriel dropped a hand to her waist, guiding her movements, helping her find the way to move that was already starting to drive her crazy. She yanked on his hair, and he groaned as his head was pulled backwards, opening his eyes to meet Gwyn's. The fire in her blood was reflected in his gaze as he looked up at her. "Show me," she whispered.

Azriel kissed her jaw, beneath her ear, down her neck to her collarbone, and Gwyn's breath caught in her lungs as she panted, trying to form words, trying to say his name, a plea for more, anything, but words had failed her. She clung to him as he twisted sideways, gently pressing her to the mattress, her breath now coming in quick pants. She let her head fall back as he gently nudged her legs apart, sliding a knee upwards, the pressure brushing right against her clit as she writhed beneath him. 

"Gwyn," he breathed, and she opened her eyes just to find him gazing down at her in awe before kissing beneath her jaw again, making her hips stutter against him, the pressure dragging yet another moan from her lips. She whimpered when he skated a hand up her side, stopping just shy of her breasts,

"Az," she breathed, "More, please,"

"Gods, you never have to beg, love," he gave her more, he really did, his kisses dropping lower and lower until he sucked a nipple into his mouth, a hand teasing the other one as he moved his knee back and forth. Pleasure sparked through her body, the tension in her belly tightening with each passing moment. She made to complain when he lifted his head from her breasts, but the complaint died before she could give it life at the sight of him kneeling on the floor beside the bed. He gripped her ankles, tugging her towards him so that her legs fell over his shoulders, and she crossed her ankles, careful to avoid his wings. The last thing she needed was to accidentally kick a wing now. With one hand on her belly holding her still, the other on her hip, Azriel, Gwyn could have mistaken him for a god. His eyes were burning with desire, his hair lightly tousled from sleep, his shirtless chest glorious in the dim light seeping through the curtains. He was totally unhurried as he lowered his head, and Gwyn's hips jerked against his hold as his mouth met her skin. She cried out wordlessly, hands fisting in the sheets when he sucked her clit into his mouth. There was no space left for anything other than the pleasure rippling through her, Azriel, gods, AzrielAzrielAzriel. There was no space left for anything other than him, his touch, his tongue, the way he'd been gently rubbing her hip the whole time, reminding her who was touching her, keeping her grounded. He knew, he knew how much it meant, Cauldron she loved him.