Chapter 45

Gwyn lost track of their friends and family, forgot that anyone except Azriel had ever existed as he broke the kiss and cupped her face in both his hands, tears glimmering in his eyes. She couldn't tear her eyes away from his, they'd always been beautiful, but there was something about the shine from the tears, the sheer elation written across all of his face and crystal-clear in those eyes. It was, it was captivating, and Gwyn kissed him again as he swept her up into his arms, she kissed Azriel, her love, her life, her damn husband. She let out a nervous giggle as she tucked her head into his shoulder against the brightness of the starlights filling the garden outside the temple. Spelled to capture the light of the stars themselves, there was an ethereal sort of beauty in them as Gwyn looked around the space, it was perfect. There was no other word, perfect, that was what it was.

Slowly, their guests filed out of the doors behind them, but still Azriel refused to put her down, waiting until everyone had joined them gently placing her down, but kept holding her hands, lifting her left to his mouth, even as the ribbon bound her right to his left. 

"Would you do me the honor, wife?" Gwyn smiled broadly at his bow, and dipped her head in response,

"I would be delighted, husband."

Azriel didn't stop smiling the whole of the dance, his gaze on Gwyn's the whole time, her heart pounding at the intensity and adoration practically radiating off him. There were many, many things she wanted, no, needed to do, but first, it was time to celebrate. 

The first dance ended, and Azriel immediately swept her into another, other couples starting to join them one after another, Feyre and Rhysand, then Nesta and Cassian, looking rather like he was merely trying to keep up with her, her grace more than making up for his lack of it. Gwyn snorted a laugh at the sight of them, and Azriel's arm around her waist tightened,

"That must be the most beautiful sound in this world,"

"I thought that was my singing?" She teased, 

"It's any sound you make, although," he added, a mischievous gleam in his eyes, "I'm sure I could pick a few favorites if pressed," Gwyn's eyes widened at the drop in his voice, the sultry tone, 

"Azzy!" She scolded, attempting to avoid falling for it, but laughed again when he winked and grinned at her, the portrait of relaxation, of joy. He hadn't had nearly enough chance to be like this, and Gwyn would never tire of it, not in five thousand years, she would wake each day and thank the Cauldron for that grin, that laugh. 

The first drink together as a married couple was something special, even more so when Cassian leaned across the table, and fixed Azriel with a look.

"Okay, Mr-married-male, I want no funny business from you tonight, chaperone,"

"As I recall you needed it,"

"As I recall, you did a lousy job," Gwyn snorted at that,

"The dining room would certainly agree," Nesta squawked in outrage from behind her,

"I don't discuss your bedroom habits, Gwyn,"

"That's because they're bedroom habits,"

"Mostly," Azriel teased, and Gwyn smacked his arm,

"I think we need another dance," she announced, earning a cackle of laughter from Nesta,

"Bad way to start a marriage, Az," Cassian called,"You can't piss off your wife immediately,"

"I'll make it up tonight," he chuckled as Gwyn dragged him away, glaring for half a second before lapsing into giggles,

"You most certainly will."