1.0

Christopher Smith, AKA: The Peacemaker. Also known as my best friend. We grew up together, fought crime together, and even went to prison together.

We even fought an intergalactic space starfish named 'Staro' together, but we weren't alone of course. Me and Chris had been apart of a special ops team called task force X.

When Chris got shot I thought he had died, and I resented dead sport for it. If I had realized Chris had survived then maybe I wouldn't have been so reluctant to offer my help in defeating Staro.

Although with Chris's track record, be sort of had a bullet to the throat coming. He wasn't the most versatile when it came to who he killed.

His victims always seemed to fall on the "non white scale", but granted he did kill a few white people here or there.

Some people blamed it on his father, the white dragon, while others had the mentality of 'Like father like son'.

As much as I knew Chris, I couldn't place my finger on which one was the truth. And with all the amazing memories we've made together, I don't think I care much.

He's changed a lot since he's been in prison and so have I. I realized a lot about myself behind those bars.

For one I didn't want to go against the law again. I wanted to help my community and the best way I knew how was to volunteer.

I did work everywhere I could, and I met a lot of amazing people when I did.

One problem with volunteer work; You don't get paid.

I didn't want to do it for money, never have and I never will, so I've had to pick up some odd jobs.

I just recently got a job as a waiter for Fennel fields diner. The place is trashy and the water is never clear but it pays well enough to keep my lights on.

Usually I work a day shift, but I pulled a few strings to work nights. I'm more of a night person anyways.

This night had been no different than the others, until Chris walked in wearing his full 'Peacemaker' costume.

That's where my story begins.

~~~
3rd person

As Chris strutted to his table all eyes turned towards him. Including everyone at the table he was headed towards.

"What the fuck are you doing? You couldn't change into something else?" Harcourt commented.

"It's a new suit alright? I'm just trying to stretch it out!" Chris said in defense.

"You guys already started eating?" Chris said, acting like he was actually hurt.

"You took thirty minutes to get here and we didn't want to have to wait." Adebayo said back.

As the bickering continued on, Harcourt couldn't help but realize that their was a pair of eyes staring longingly at Chris.

"Chris, why is that buss boy staring at you?" Harcourt interrupted.

"I think that's my old friend Gut Chase's little brother. He's not completely up their."

Chris sent him a smile and a wave and Adrian sent him a double thumbs up back.

Once that small interaction was over, Chris and Economous went back to bickering about his beard color.

"Hang on a sec dye beard. Sweet cheeks, do you think you could get me a bowl of zoodles?" Chris called towards the waitress.

As she turned around and walked over to his table he realized who it was.

"Y/N! I didn't know you worked nights." Chris commented.

"Yeah I just started. I'm more of a night person anyways." Y/N said back.

"Ahem." Adebayo interjected.

"Oh, yeah. Y/N this is Murn, Adebayo, Economous, and Harcourt. Everybody, this is Y/N. She was in prison with me and was one of the people that helped task force X." Chris said proudly.

"It's nice to meet you!" Adebayo said cheerfully.

"It's nice to meet you guys too." Y/N said back.

"I have to get back to work but I'll talk to you later Chris! Since your out of your coma, we could finally catch up!"

"Yeah, that would be great! I'll let you get back to it."

As Y/N walked back to the kitchen with Chris's order in hand she bumped into another coworker of hers. Adrian Chase.

They both got knocked off their feet and landed on the floor of the restaurant. The commotion cause a few to stand and stare while others only took quick glances.

"Hey watch where your going next time!" Y/N yelled out.

"You were the one who came out of no where!" Adrian argued back.

Pretty soon their slight bickering turned into a full out argument. Everyone who hadn't been staring was staring now.

Some pulled out their phones to record while others just sat and watched.

The other workers who had been on duty just didn't care. They would only get involved if things got physical.

Once Chris realized who had been fighting he walked over to try and disarm the situation.

"What's going on? What happened?" Chris said in a calm tone.

As Y/N was about to speak up, she looked around and realized that this little disagreement had caught the attention of quite a few people.

"It's nothing Chris." Y/N said harshly.

"I have to put in the rest of these orders before my shifts over." Y/N stated before she walked into the kitchen with her tablet of paper.

~~~
Y/N

'Who does that guy think he is? He was the one who knocked ME over!' I thought to myself before hanging up my apron for the night.

I went out of my way to pass Chris as I left to tell him I was fine and say goodbye.

Chris tried to stop me and ask what happened but I gave him a brief 'I'm fine' before continuing for the exit.

I whipped out my car keys before unlocking my door and slipping into he leather seat.

I closed and locked my door before putting the key into the ignition and pulling out of the parking lot.

It was about a twenty minute drive from the restaurant to my apartment so I had some time to myself to clear my head.

I couldn't wait to be home. After a night like this I think I'll be better off doing day shifts.

As I finally pulled down the street my apartment sat on I slightly sped up to get to my place just a little bit faster.

I pulled into my parking spot and slid out of the drivers seat. I locked the door and headed towards the building, relieved that I was almost home.

~~~
A/N

I'm so sorry this took so long to post. I've been going through a lot... Of writers block lol. I'll try posting more soon but it'll take me a minute to get out full chapters. Lots of love and I hope your all staying safe!