4.0

Adrian

'What have I gotten myself into?' I pondered to myself.

I'm in an unfamiliar place with limited escape routes that don't end with me in the hospital and I have no one I can trust. I'm not even sure if I'm still in the town.

All I know is this; If it came down to it, I would kill this woman to escape.

I mean who knows, maybe she's a police officer and she's on the phone with her cop buddies right now. I might have been compromised while I was out too. I can't take this woman's word for it so I have to stay on my toes.

I pulled out the rubbing alcohol, a cloth rag, and some bandages as I prepared myself for the stinging pain I was about to feel.

I clenched my jaw and shut my eyes, praying I didn't make a sound. I wouldn't want this stranger to think I was weak or something, might give her ideas.

Speaking of her, I wondered what she was up to.

Y/N
~~~

"What the fuck, what the fuck, what the FUCK!" I mumbled aloud as I paced my room.

I questioned everything in that moment. Why had I brought this strange and, most likely, dangerous man into my apartment? Why didn't I call the cops? How was I ever going to explain this to F/N?

Every questioned flowed into my brain at once, all at once. With all this thinking I was bound to get a headache.

I plopped down on my bed quickly, surly waking up the neighbors below me in the process. Now I have something else to worry about.

I took as many deep breathes as I could while I tried to gather my thoughts. Maybe I would hyperventilate and when I woke up all of this would've been a dream.

But I was pulled from my thoughts yet again by the masked stranger in my home.

He stepped out of the bathroom quietly as to not wake my friend I assumed and stalked towards me in a menacing way.

I inched back on my bed as to try and avoid his deep glare through his visor.

He stopped at the foot of my bed, looking me up and down. Was this the moment I died? Would my friend find my body in the morning or would she be one of the lifeless corpses left behind?

"Can you drive me back to my car? I don't want it to get towed, my boss would kill me."

At first his words didn't really click in my mind. Then they hit me.

Did this strange masked man really just ask me for a lift? This was gonna be a night to remember.

"Uh..." Was all I could get out before he stepped closer. I couldn't really think of anything else to do.

"Sure. Yeah okay..." I whispered into the dark room, overcome by shock.

I slowly slipped out of bed and slid the closest pair of shoes on before grabbing my keys from where I left them, vigilante quick on my tail.

As we left my apartment I was sure to close the door slowly as to not alarm my friend.

We stepped into the stairwell in sync, but I went down first. I didn't want this guy thinking I was trying to bolt so I walked slowly.

When we finally made it to the bottom of the stairs I peeped my head out to see if the coast was clear. When it was I made a jester to which car was mine before signaling to the masked man to make a run for it.

We bolted to the car, the doors already unlocked by the time we reached them. I quickly started the car as vigilante buckled his seatbelt and closed the passenger door.

I was sure to drive slower than I usually would as I knew this guy only killed those who broke the law. The drive was silent and I was horrified.

When we finally reached his car he patted himself down for his keys before looking to me for them. I slipped them out of my pocket and gave them to him, not a sound leaving my mouth.

He jumped out swiftly before unlocking his car doors and getting into the driver's seat. All I could do was drive.

~~~

Vigilante

I started my car quickly as to not obstruct anyone's driving. I was thinking about her the entire time. At first I didn't recognize her until it clicked; this was the woman that bumped into me at fennel fields.

I drove off quickly to my apartment. Hopefully she didn't recognize my voice or something else about me like my car. I also thought about the man I let walk free. He'd seen my face.

Harcourt was never going to let me live this night down.

~~~

A/N

Omg I'm so sorry I didn't update. I wish I was kidding but I got logged out of Wattpad again 😭😭😭