2.0

Y/N

The walk up to my apartment was long and my feet felt like they were about to fall off when it was done.

Wish my land lord wasn't such a cheap ass so he'd fix that fucking elevator.

As I unlocked my front door I was met with the sweet smell of F/N (Friends name) baking.

"Hey Y/N." They yelled out to me.

"I was just about to out the chocolate chip cookies in, but I've got brownies if you want some."

"Why'd you break into my apartment to bake?" I joked as I closed and locked the front door.

"Because your place doesn't have rats and your oven actually works." They joked back.

I laugh at their comment before walking to my room to put my purse down.

I rummaged through my dresser drawers in search of something comfortable to put on.

I grabbed out the first pair of shorts I could find and a tank top because it was about a hundred degrees in my apartment.

Why'd she have to bake on such a hot day?

As I trudged back into my living room I could help but feel as though I was forgetting something.

ICE CREAM!

I had forgotten ice cream, and cereal, and basically all of my groceries. I was supposed to go shopping after my shift but with everything that happened I just completely forgot.

"Hey I forgot to get groceries and I'll be too tired tomorrow morning to get em. You don't mind me leaving real quick to get some do ya?" I asked my friend as I scavenged for my slippers.

"You just got here though, and my cookies are almost done." She replied.

"I know F/N, but I need to eat." I replied quickly before grabbing my keys and making my way to the door.

"Alright, but come right back. Don't want the cookies getting too cold."

"Okay." I said, before slipping out of the comfort of my home.

~~~

'I should've put on pants' I thought to myself as I mindless drove to the store.

As I passed a multitude of bars I saw John's American flag car parked outside of some popular local one.

I wondered what he was doing out so late, thinking he must've had some type of parole or curfew.

I didn't wonder for long since I wanted to get back home and just kept driving.

I turned down the road I needed to and pulled into the parking lot of Walmart.

As I parked my car I couldn't help but feel off. I'm not sure about what, but I felt as if something bad was gonna happen.

Chilled to my core I stepped out into the midnight air, sucking in a few long breathes to calm myself down.

I grabbed a push cart from nearby my car and walked on, making sure to lock my car behind me.

As I made my way to the entrance I couldn't help that feeling of something bad about to happen.

I shook it off the best I could and continued on, hoping the lines wouldn't be too long.

~

~~

Right before I turned down the road I needed to I saw him.

The man that would change the course of my whole existence in a single moment.

I saw...

Vigilante.