Surprises (Reader x Kenma)

A/N: Hey yall! It's been WAY TOO LONG since I updated and I realized the injustice I was doing you. I realized I hadn't made one of Kenma. Kenma is literally one of my favorite characters of all time. Next time I miss someone, please tell me!!! Aight, other than that, please enjoy!

You felt tossing you remote control across the room as your character just died for the 10th time today. You pouted longingly as you watched Kenma keep going and winning. Tch, I should've known better than to challenge that gamer... You thought.

"Aww man, you always win!" You complained. Kenma looked at you with his cat eyes.

"And you always try to break the X button." He pointed out how you always try so desperately to win. You sighed.

"Sorry." You apologized. Your stomach rumbled. You just realized something, you were straving. You stood up.

"You want a snack?" You asked the boy who's eyes weren't being taken oft the screen of his game.

"Yeah."

"OK." You left the room for the kitchen. You were checking on the cookies you had baked. While you took a bite out of one, you noticed something circled on the calendar. Kenma's volleyball game! You almost completely forgot!

Last week, he had told you about it and you realized you've never seen him play in an actual game before. This week, you planned on going to see what it was like. What kind of person doesn't support their boyfriend in their sport?

You quickly typed the date on your reminders in your phone. You grabbed some more cookies and walked into Kenma's room and set the plate down.

"You have a game tomorrow?" You asked, trying to remind him in a clueless way.

"Huh?"

"Your calendar, it says you have a volleyball game tomorrow." You clarified. You didn't want Kenma to know that you were coming.

"Oh, yeah." He said as he bit into his cookie.

"What position do you play?" You asked, trying to get a good idea of what to expect.

"Setter." He deadpanned. You always loved his bluntness.

"Oh, cool. Alright then, make sure to keep your head in the game. Just like you do here." You laughed at the joke that really wasn't funny. Kenma smiled smally at you. Your weak humor is what makes you special.

~

The next day~

You cussed harshly underneath your breath as you were running late. Your darn boss made you do extra work cleaning and lock up the shop. You weren't too angry about it though. It did give you a chance to take some tips from the tip jar.

You rushed hurriedly as you got to the gym. When you walked in, you were shocked. It was big! Courts were set up everywhere and teams were going against one another. After a bit of scanning, you were able to find Nekoma.

You sat in the stands looking at your friends play the game they enjoyed.

Kuroo had some mean hits. Yaku constantly saved the ball. Yamamoto had so much passion when it came to slamming the ball against the other team. You couldn't help but smile as watched them work their magic.

You eyes fell on your beloved boyfriend. You smirked as you watch him unethusiatically use his wits in the sport. You watched in pride as Kenma outsmarted the other team more times than you could count. 

That's your boy.

Once the game was over and they came over to thank the crowd, you felt the urge to make notice.

"Thank you for coming!" 

"Huh? Is that Y/N?!"

"Surprise! Hey guys!" You waved down at them.

"I thought she hated volleyball!"

"Don't make rumors about me!" You snapped at them. They laughed. You smiled at the joyful boys.

"You guys were awesome!" You complimented. You had a feeling that told you

.

.

.

.

.

.

You'll definitely come again!