01

15h38 pm

The wheels screeched on the light layer of snow that covered the road as the car took a left turn and began ascending towards its destination. A few more meters and it passed by a big sign.

"Three more kilometers to North Creek" Jungkook read out loud.

With a sigh, he pressed his feet on the accelerator, eager to get there. The ravenette looked out the window in awe, the pine trees stood tall and proud with a thin coat of snow, their height challenged the rays of the sun that pierced through, giving the area a magical glow. The entire road was crowded with cypress, pine trees and spruce trees, the sight was truly beautiful and kept on filling the boy with winter nostalgia.

Even though he was dying to open his window and take a breath of the cold air, he knew he would be freezing soon after and so the boy could only stare at the breathtaking view that was offered to him through the glass of the window.

Inside his warm car, a soft music played from his phone as he tried to calm down and gather himself. He had arrived in Utah a few days ago and wasn't sure what was waiting for him at North Creek, but he was anxious to know.

It would be his first time working at a ski resort and he had no idea as to what would happen once he would set foot inside the main building. Jungkook could feel his heartbeat faster as his mind ran wild, imagining a hundred different scenarios. He slowed down the car and breathed in the A/C air, this new adventure was exiting and scary at the same time and the boy was starting to feel like it would be scarier than anything else he'd ever done. 

After a three-hour drive, Jungkook could finally spot the North Creek sign at the entrance of the ski village. The parking was jammed, and it took the boy quite a few rounds in the parking lot until he managed to find a place to park his car.

He breathed in deeply, put on his gloves, coat and his beanie before stepping out of the car. The cold air hit him at once making him shiver yet smile. Looking around he was amazed at the tall, big wooden lodge as well as the many ski chalets that appeared behind it.

Blowing on his hand in an attempt to warm them, even if only for a second, the ravenette made his way to the main building. He entered and was met with a warm and cozy atmosphere and a lot of chatter coming from the many tourists and ski staff that were inside. Not sure about where he should go, he made his way to the reception where a young miss smiled at him.

"Welcome to North Creek, how may I help you?"

"Hello, my name is Jeon Jungkook and I'm here for a job. I was recruited to work as a bartender in the main restaurant?"

"Oh yes of course, you will need to speak to Mr. Kim, he handles the new employees"

"Oh okay, thank you very much, miss Yoohyeon" Jungkook said as he read he name tag, making the girl smile and wave goodbye. 

The man walked towards the office where the girl had motioned and stopped in front of two doors.

"Kim Namjoon" He read out loud. "Kim Seokjin" Jungkook sighed and looked around him confused, the receptionist had failed to mention which Mr. Kim he had to go see. He randomly picked the second one and knocked. He waited for someone to answer before entering.

"Hello, I'm looking for Mr. Kim?" Jungkook was taken aback by the perfect smile and features the man in front of him had.

"Which one?" The tall man got up and went to shake his hand as he asked his question.

"Um I'm not sure, I'm here for a job?"

"That's Kim Namjoon, next door. He handles the employees of the resort" Mr. Kim smiled as he pointed to the office next to his.

"Oh okay, thank you very much and I'm sorry to have bothered you, Mr. Kim" Jungkook bowed.

"No bother at all, have a nice day" 

The ravenette bowed once again, shocked at the incredibly nice man. For a director he seemed absolutely lovely and nice, working under him wouldn't be a problem the boy thought as he closed the door and went to knock on the one next to it.

"Good afternoon, my name is Jeon Jungkook and I'm here for the bartender job" Like last time, he waited for an answer before coming in and bowing before introducing himself.

"Oh yes, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Jeon" Both man bowed and shook hands before taking a seat.

"Please, call me Jungkook, sir"

"And you can call me Namjoon. I think Mr. Kim is too formal" The elder chuckled and the other smiled nervously.

"As you have now gathered, my name is Kim Namjoon and I am the manager of the bar, restaurant, hotel area. Whereas Mr. Kim Seokjin whose office is next to mine, is in charge of the ski slopes, the ice rink area and all that has to do with the snow part of the resort"

"Yes, I've met him. Very charming man" Jungkook said.

"Yes indeed"

"Is he your brother?" Jungkook opened his eyes wide, how could have asked that??

"Oh no, we only share the same last name" The elder chuckled once again before taking out Jungkook's file. "So, it says you're fluent in English?"

"I am" The two conversed quickly in the language. Namjoon was impressed with the confidence of the man and very pleased to be having him working for him very soon.

Seeing how Jungkook had already been interviewed before coming here, this was barely a formality so Mr. Kim could get to know his employees, thus the meeting ending quickly.

Namjoon gave Jungkook a key to his room as well as everything he would need to get around the resort. He would be getting free skiing equipment as well as clothing gear, which was a plus for the boy who wouldn't have been able to afford them otherwise.

"Head back to the reception and ask for Kim Minji, she will take you to your room and tell you everything you have to know about your new job" Namjoon spoke in his deep voice.

"Thank you so much, sir"

"It's my pleasure" Jungkook shook the elder's hand before exiting his office and going to ask for the girl. She was easy to find and very nice.

She led him to his room in the main building and showed him around  his new work place as well and gave him his uniform.

The ravenette thanked her again before closing the door and laying down on his bed. He looked to his right and saw the nice kitchen he had at his disposal as well as the television and cozy fire place.

"This is going to be awesome" The boy smiled as he let everything that had happened today sink in.

He went back to his car and took out one suitcase and two smaller bags. He carried everything back to his new room and started unpacking. He hadn't brought a lot, mostly warm clothes, his computer and personal stuff as well as a few hiking shoes and such.

Once everything was done, the boy facetimed his parents to let them know he had arrived safe and sound before heading to explore the resort. 

------------------------

This is the first chapter of a Taekook ski resort ff I started writing ages ago. I never finished writing it but if you guys like it, I'll definitely get back to it :)

-Dari