09

15h44pm

Taehyung made his way inside the lobby, his skis in one hand, his gloves dangling from his wrists and his ski mask plastered to his forehead. The elevator doors opened revealing Jungkook and Gahyeon dressed in casual clothes meaning they were hanging out inside the lodge.

"Taehyung, hey" The small girl smiled and waved.

"Hello you two" Taehyung greeted them both and placed his skis next to him.

"So apparently you're some hotshot skier. I'm going to want a demo one of these days" Jungkook teased.

"Why? Is it so hard to believe?"

"Maybe yes, besides, aren't you looking for a way to impress me" Jungkook smirked and left with a giggling Gahyeon.

Taehyung exhaled deeply before grabbing his things and getting inside the elevator. Why was Jungkook like that? He would say hurtful things as if they were nothing and just get away with it?

The brunette knew he had always been very touchy about teasing, not particularly fond of the doing, but he didn't think he was exaggerating about the younger. If that was the boy's way of making friend with him, the two would never be more than coworkers.

Taehyung opened the door and put away his stuff before going to shower and warm up. Once he was done, he got into sweats and let himself fall on his bed. He put on his earphones and closed his eyes, he imagined himself skiing on the most amazing slopes.

He would slalom between trees, rocks and all of nature's obstacles until he'd reach the end of the way and look back with this sense of pride and adrenaline he would always feel.

The boy was abruptly taken out of his daydream when a hard knock on his door woke him up. He went to open the door and wasn't surprised to find his girl friend waiting on the other side. He turned around and walked back to his bed as she sat down next to him.

"What's up? Why are you here?" he asked Minji.

"I had some time to kill before work, so I thought I'd come here"

"What time is it?" He asked.

"Four thirty"

"Shit, I should get ready" Taehyung got up and went to look for his work shirt. Once he finally found it, he took off the current t-shirt he wore and started buttoning the grey one.

"Why are you so weird to Jungkook?" The brunette rolled his eyes at the expected question.

"What do you mean weird?"

"I mean just that. You're weird and not behaving like yourself"

"You know I'm not good with people I don't know" The younger came to sit next to his friend on the bed.

"When are you going to stop judging people before knowing them, Taehyung"

"Old habits die hard, you know that" He said as if it justified everything.

"But you're not even trying. The boy is very nice and very charming. You should get to know him, you two would get along great"

"I don't think so" Taehyung got up and went to look for his keys and shoes.

"I know what this is about" The brunette stayed silent as a sign for the other to keep going. "You're afraid to get to know him and grow attached. You're afraid that he'll leave and you'll look stupid for having fallen for someone who you knew wasn't staying"

"Am I wrong to think that?" The boy answered without looking up from tying his shoelaces.

"You don't even know how long he is here for, Tae"