33

07:34am

As he listened to Jungkook talk endlessly as he prepared breakfast for the two of them, it occurred to Taehyung that he kind of missed the days where Jungkook wasn't confident enough to show his true self; a chatty gossip. The boy could talk about anything for hours and the best part was he didn't even need anyone to share the conversation, as long as Taehyung chimed in with a few reactions every now and then. And it wasn't so much that the elder wasn't interested in what his boyfriend was telling him, rather the sheer amount of details and unthought opinions the boy would spray around in the middle of his story.

Taehyung watched Jungkook flip the eggs and turn back to check if he was still listening.

"Are you with me?"

"As in, am I following or do I agree with you?"

"Which one of these gets the negative response?" 

"Guess"

"Why don't you agree with me????" Jungkook whined as he put down the plates in front of him and Taehyung.

"Because you just spent half an hour explaining to me why you were mad at your sister when she brought her best friend over for Christmas last year"

"Christmas is a family event!"

"What about your future husband? Will he never get to come?"

"Of course he will, he's indirect family"

"But your sister's best friend?"

"Not family" Jungkook deadpanned. "She hangs out with her everyday of the year why does she have to drag her over to our house for Christmas too..."

"You told me your sister loved Christmas" Jungkook nodded his head. "Maybe she wants to spend a day she loves with someone she loves"

"But-"

"And she said she was getting bored of doing the same thing every year, change is good"

"Change is the worst though, if you do the same thing every year it's because it works. Why change it?"

"To avoid getting bored like your sister" Taehyung pointed out.

"Whatever, I don't like when outsiders join for Christmas. It's the one family event I'm sure we'll get to celebrate every year and I don't want to have to share that with people I'm not comfortable with"

Taehyung watched Jungkook from across the table and extended his arm to gather his hand, he didn't say anything, he only wanted to show his support for the younger, it was obvious he was talking from the heart and wasn't looking for a rational answer.

After washing the dishes and getting ready for the day, Taehyung offered to watch a few episodes of the series they were watching before eating lunch and going to drop off Jungkook who was working the afternoon shift at the restaurant.

Their plans had been canceled when Jimin and Yoongi called them to ask if they wanted to go skiing with them.

"Hurry up, Kook. We said we'd be there in twenty minutes" Taehyung was waiting for Jungkook to finish putting on his warm clothes underneath his skiing jacket and pants as well as going to look for his gloves, glasses and hat.

"Okay, I'm ready! "

"See that's why I'm always telling you, you should leave everything at the same place and together, so you don't waste ten minutes running around the room"

"We're losing time listening to your moral lessons, let's go"

Taehyung locked the door and the two left.