Sepulcher of The Blue Dune King

"So when do you think Borg is gonna be back?" Jay asked looking around the work lab at the top of Borg tower.

"He said he would be back in a second to show us something so be careful touching some of this stuff."

"Yeah yeah Nya I know." Jay said but continued to fiddle with some of the tools on the desk. "Woah check this out!" Jay exclaimed gazing at a small suspension machine. It was holding a shard of some kind in it, a dull grey blue.

The auburn haired ninja reached out a finger intent on touching it. But when his pointer finger was only a millimeter away Borg burst through the doors with a loud bang.

That's were everything went wrong.

"NINJA I HAVE-"

Whenever Jay got surprised or excited he always sparked.

And that's exactly what happened.

He yelped at the sudden noise and a small volt sparked from his finger straight into the crystal. It was in a matter of seconds.

Faster than she could process the crystal hummed and began glowing. But that glow quickly turned into erratic sparking and spinning. Popping noises sounded from the crystal as it spun faster and faster dangerously. Jay backed up from the crystal but tripped over his own feet.

Faster and faster it whirred.

Yells from all the ninja directed at Jay to get out of there. Only one of them actually did something though.

Kai. Why was it always Kai?

He ran out straight in front of the shard straight to Jay but before he could even reach the blue ninja the shard let out a final crackle. And white and blue lit up the entire room.

She thinks she may have screamed she's not sure. The memories were muffled.

When the glowing died down half of the room was covered in soot and ash, dark scorch marks across the tiles. Shards of the crystal laid shattered against the ground back to that dim grey. There were two spots where the scorch marks spread out, like something had been blocking their path. Someone.

Kai and Jay were gone.

She does remember that scream.

               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They stayed the night in the halls of time. Which was fine with her because she was in no mood to fight off anything at night. Till she noticed she no longer had a blanket or tent anymore. She was grateful when Tanra suggested they just sleep in her wagon with her.

It actually wasn't that different from the bounty, creaking floorboards, several people piled into one cabin, Lloyd's Rapunzel style green glow in the dark night light hair, yep just like the bounty.

Oh and Nya also got to learn the fun fact that the Centka can change color. During the Day their skin is white with black marking and at night they were just solid black. Which was cool, except for the fact that Tanra just about scared the living shit out of her.

Again, just like the bounty.

The day seemed to go by faster, before she knew it they were standing outside of what looked like a blackish grey mineshaft cave that jutted out of the sand.

"Everyone may stay outside! I will take water ninja and green ninja down to see the Blue Dune King." Tanra proclaimed to everyone. And turned with them trailing behind her to the entrance of the cave.

"Before we enter there are customs we have to go through. Follow my lead for the most part and absolutely no talking until we have paid our respects to the Blue Dune King."

They nodded and just as they entered the no talking zone Nya leaned over Tanra's shoulder and spoke "My name is Nya by the way and this is Lloyd."

The cave was cool as they walked down its steps and then she saw it. On each side of the stairs it was like there was another smaller staircase, for pools of water. They flowed perfectly balanced into each other each one being fed by droplets off its own blue crystal stalagtite and Nya had to resist the urge not to admire it instead focusing on that they had now reached the bottom of the steps.

Tanra turned silently and scooped up some water in her hands. Lloyd and Nya followed her lead doing the same.

She had to bite down another gasp.

The cave was beautiful. The chamber opened up incredibly and crystal clear pools of water were on the edges of the room but that wasn't even the biggest factor. Blue crystals sprouted all around the cave glowing mystically. In the center of everything there was one more solid crystal almost like a podium. It had an indent in it like it was missing something to it.

Lloyd and Nya followed as Tanra knelt down on one knee and bowed her head for a few seconds before releasing the water to sink into the ground.

They all stood up and Nya and Lloyd stood there awkwardly.

"Um so... Where is the Blue Dune King?"

Tanra just stared at them. "He is right here. This is his burial. Was that not clear?"

Nya's entire being stuttered. "Wait, wait you mean the Blue Dune King- he's-"

Tanra nodded. "This is the tomb of the Blue Dune King. He was buried here by the Red Sand King himself. Killed protecting our people from the Inclementia Desdemona. His death is what caused the crystals to grow. The Red Sand King visits every few days especially this time of year with the anniversary coming up. He should be coming here tonight so you can wait here until he shows up but my caravan must be going."

"Wait, what? Tanra, you're leaving?" That came out a lot more emotional than she was expecting it to.

"Unfortunately yes. My caravan needs to get back on route but, caravan one should be stopping here later today with the Red Sand King."

"O-oh okay that's- that's fine no problem. I guess this is good-bye then I suppose." She said weakly.

"Yes I suppose it is... Farewell to you water ninja and green ninja, Nya and Lloyd." Tanra smiled at them once and then disappeared.

A few hours passed Lloyd and Nya lay in a sort of pile in a corner with Lloyd with his head leaned onto her shoulder and her head onto Lloyd's. There was no sound but water rushing until finally one pair of footsteps began to echo.

They both silently stared as they watched a figure descend from the stairs of the crypt and kneel in front of the large podium crystal.

Watching quietly it felt like they were seeing something they shouldn't be, like they were invading something personal.

The person seemed to be wearing orange and red sun faded clothing with bandage wrapped around his arms, legs, and feet. Their face was entirely concealed except for their eyes because of tan wrappings covering their entire head.

Gracefully the water flowed from their hands into the ground and the figure stayed kneeling. Then they raised their hands slowly to pull down their hood letting a mess of spiky brown and blonde hair fall out.

He spoke quietly with a smile "You would not believe the day I've been having blu-"

Lloyd burst beside her.

"KAI?"