The True Tale of The Desert Kings

White was all that could be seen until his eyes adjusted when he finally registered sky above them he shot awake.

"JAY?!" he screamed but there was no one to hear his call no one until-

"Uhhn- Kai?" A hoarse voice croaked out.

Kai scrambled up and ran to him, the auburn haired ninja was laying on his side facing away from him half buried in the sand.

"Jay! Jay are you okay?" He asked flipping the blue ninja over and brushing sand off his face.

"I'm fine Kai" he said with a smile pushing his hand away and shaking out his hair. Jay pushed himself up from the sand with a groan and began to stand.

"What happened? Where are- AUUGGGGH!" Jay screamed and suddenly crumpled to the ground.

"Jay! What's wrong what happened?!"

"I think- it's my leg."

Sure enough when the red ninja looked down there was a bleeding gash on the blue ninja's leg just above his ankle.

"Is it bad?" Jay asked looking to him and Kai froze.

"Uhhhh no! No it's not bad it's- it's great looks fiiine just uh just-"

"Kai you fucking suck at lying."

"Ok first of all rude, second do you have anything I could use for a splint?"

"I'm gonna die out here aren't I?" Jay said overdramatically flopping back down on the sand.

"Oh relax Blue ya ain't gonna die, just hold still."

Kai ripped off a little bit of his gi and carefully tied it around the wound. Jay shakily stood and wrapped one arm around Kai's neck.

"Looks like we're back in the first realm maybe we should try and find Faith? She might be around here somewhere."

Kai couldn't see much beyond them but it wasn't like they had better options. They made their way for who knows how long before Kai was to tired to keep going. They found a rock that came out of nowhere and decided to rest there for the day.

Kai woke up to some soft crackling sounds. "What are you doing?"

"Well if we're out here we might as well play it safe so I figured I'd just mark this rock so we know where we're going"

"N? Why N?" He asked looking at what Jay was scorching onto the rock.

"Uh for North, duh"

"Well how do you know that this is north?"

"I have a compass"

"You have a compass and not anything to make a splint with?" Kai deadpanned and Jay paused.

"Uhhh yeeeah?"

"You're so stupid."

-----------------------------------

"Up there I see something!" Jay said almost throwing both of them off balance into the sand.

It was dark and cold out now which was both good and bad seeing as they no longer had to worry about the sun but now they honestly couldn't see very far.

"Blue I can't see anythiWOAH-"

All of a sudden they were no longer walking on the sand they were falling and rolling. Jay's grip on Kai released and they were both tumbling blindly down a hill of sand in the dark.

"Oof fuck!" He heard Jay below him and he had a split second of clarity that allowed him to catch himself before he slammed right on top of Jay.

Jay was laid out flat propped up on his elbows with Kai directly over the top of him in high plank position. He lifted an arm up and allowed it to light a soft orange glow in front of them.