Prt2: Chapter 4

Dominic's POV

"How is she?" I asked, trying my best to appear calm in front of Trina and the other pack members who came to check up on Casandra

"Stable"
She says with her head hung low
"but I don't know for how long, this is her third break down this morning" she places emphasis on this morning.

This isn't easy for anyone of us, watching a wolf wither away after losing their mate is heart breaking, I know first hand...

I looked at everyone in the room, faces covered in sadness and pity, my gaze stop on Vanessa...her best friend, She hasn't moved from her side since all these started.
Casandra started by repeatedly saying that she knows her mate is dead even though there wasn't any body recovered, even the best if our trackers couldn't find Robbin's where abouts, it'd have been nice to have even found a body that way the image of him being repeatedly tortured by rouge packs or vampires or even crazy humans would cease to hunt me. I was among the last people to see him but I don't even know if it was him anymore.

"Alpha Peter...suggested that we put her down" Trina said with eyes shut as if the mere thought scared her.

"No! "
I didn't mean to yell but how can my Father seriously consider killing Casandra like a sick Dog!

"Maybe it's for the best, she wouldn't be living much longer if she continues like this..." she continued and Vanessa runs out of the room sobbing hysterically.

"She'll be fine!"
I growl, and the room went silent.
Who was I kidding, Casandra can be mistaken for someone who is already dead, Her once vibrant complexion was as pale as snow and her cheeks sunk reveling every bone in her face.

I sighed "How long does she have?" My fist was clenched in my attempt to calm myself down in front of the other pack members, they can't see me like this. Fuck why did Casandra need to have so much friends...

"It's hard to say... We'd be lucky if she saw the blood moon"
Trina stated, Running a damp towel through Casandra's face.

The blood moon was in seven days, there's not much time.

"I'll fix this" I said before turning to exit the room, Miracle ran after me.

"where are you going to? " He asks concerned

"to see the only wolf who has survived despite not having a mate"

I couldn't see him but I could tell that his face went cold, it's only logical that he'd be shocked, Old man Yama lost his mind a long time ago, now he lives in an excluded cabin in the pack territory.

"You have got to be kidding me"

I didn't respond

"Raven!"
He pulled on my arm "Old man Yama is a nut case, he hallucinates and attacks anything that comes near him"
He exclaimed. I could see why he was worried, but what other choice do we have? Wait for Casandra to die from depression or for almighty Alpha Peter to put her down.

"I am not going to let Casandra die" I said, pulling my hand away from his hold forcefully, then continue on my path to Yama's cottage.

His cottage was built on top of a hill, surrounded by a field full of rare flowers, some indigenous to our territory, others I couldn't recognize. I walk through the plain fields trying to make as much noise as possible. It only makes sense that he attacks when startled so this is me trying to make my presence known.

"Hello... Sir Yama"
'Sir Yama? '
I face palmed myself at how stupid that sounded

"Mr Yama?" I continued, looking over my shoulder repeatedly