Play The Notes Sing The Words

Side note: towards the end it might get a bit triggering to certain people. And it's super cringe worthy and bad but I mean
Oh well

Dallon's POV

I never thought I'd see Merideth again honestly, but know that I am seeing her I can't help but be more than happy.

And something can't keep me from wondering if maybe, just maybe, she came because she knew I'd be here. That we would get another chance to talk.

"Dallon, do you have a date for tomorrow?" Spencer asks as we follow Brendon onto a small platform by the fireplace.

I give nothing but I shrug at first. "I have someone in mind..."

"Ooooo Dallon's got a crushy wushy!" Brendon exclaims turning to face me.

"I do not!"

"Ah yes, full of shit. I saw how you were looking at Merideth, don't think I didn't."

Did I find her attractive? Yes, of course. You'd be crazy not to. But do I like her in that way? I'm not so sure.

"So you're gonna ask Merideth?" Spencer ask ignoring Brendon.

"I was planning on it, but I don't think she'll say yes."

"Ah yes, more shit. Mer was looking at you like your were her entire world. She would say yes in a heartbeat," Brendon says picking up his guitar.

"Look, if it makes you feel any better I'll ask her out, but can we just stop talking about it? We kind of have over two hundred people standing in front of us..." Although all microphones were off and it was loud with all the chit chat I still didn't feel completely safe talking about it while up here.

"Yeah yeah, later?" I nod, "Okay, Zack turn on the amps and microphones. Hello, Hello! I'm glad everyone could make it to our 5 year anniversary of Vices & Virtues. Our third studio album, that could not have been done without any of the lads up on this stage! Dallon Weekes to my left on the bass and Spencer Smith in the back on the drums!" He walks to be a places a peck on my jaw and same to Spencer, this makes the crowd go crazy, "In honor of this, we will play the entire album from start to finish. This first one is called The Ballad of Mona Lisa."

I play the notes, I sing the words, but all the while I'm looking for one face. One face so I know she feels the same. One face so I can feel real.

"This last song is Nearly Witches. And right after this we'll just party," he smirks and begins to strum. And then it's over and I'm finding my way to Merideth.

"So now that you've actually seen me play live, are you still fascinated with what I do?" I ask referring to the night I met her.

"You know, thinking about it I think I'd still like to play bass one day," she says smiling.

"I could always help you with that, I mean if you want. I'm not gonna force you to, um, do anything that you don't want to do," I push a hand through my hair.

"Are you, Mr. Dallon Weekes bassist of Panic! At The Disco, asking me out on a date?"

"Well no, actually that wasn't the date I was asking you on. Spencer and Linda are going on a date tomorrow night and Linda thought it'd be healthy if I went with them, and brought a girl obviously, because of what happened with, well you know. So I was thinking maybe you would want to come with? I know it's stupid, and you don't have to if-"

"I'd love to," she says cutting me off. She grabs a napkin and a pen from a nearby desks and jots something down, "here."

"What's this?"