Perfectly Imperfect

Dallon's POV

one month later
I watch as Merideth jots down stuff in her notebook. A daily routine of hers, everyday around five she would grab a notebook and write. Everyday she writes and I sit and watch her. Watch how her hair falls into her face, how she concentrates on the last loop to the word, everything about her is breath taking. I fall in love over and over everyday. "What are you writing?"

"You really do love to ask don't you?" she looks up for a second and I shrug. "Just like every other day, I'm not telling." She gives me a smirk and continues writing. Same thing, different day. She pushes the notebook away and places her chin in her palm. I meet her gaze and raise an eyebrow. God she's beautiful, what did I do to deserve her? What could anyone do to deserve her? "Maybe we could work on writing some more songs? You're leaving for tour tomorrow so it could maybe inspire you?" Right. Tour. The album was released three weeks ago and the sales soared the charts. The tour was planned the week before the album, a worldwide tour. America, Canada, Brazil, The UK, France, Australia, and Russia. A total of 116 shows within five months with a few breaks. I asked Merideth to join, she's always wanted to travel anyway, but she said no. Didn't want to intrude. Not that she was, Linda and Sarah come basically every tour.

"It's not too late to agree to come along?" Well, it was, but I could manage to pull some strings.

"No, I can't leave and rely on other people to keep the bakery on track for such a long time. It's just too much. I'll join you in the California shows next week, I promise. I just can't pick up and leave for almost five months."

"You could be inspired, too, you know? At least agree to go to the shows in France, the pastries there are something you would love, trust me. Add something new to your menu, open a bakery in Paris just south to the Eiffel Tower, collaborate with the bakers there. You would love it." And she would, I can picture her sitting at a small, circular table drinking an iced coffee while reading a book or just simply admiring Paris and all it's beauties.

"I'll think about it, but seriously, let's go do something?"

"I'm suppose to go to this thing at Brendon's house as a kickoff to the tour, we could go to that?"

"Sounds fun, let me get ready."

*****

The night I first met Merideth, I was pretty drunk, but I remember the vibe she gave. The you-might-not-want-to-fuck-with-me vibe. The I'm-bold-and-confident vibe. Seeing her on a normal day and barely knowing her you wouldn't see that, you would probably just see someone who wants to be home and at peace with a cup of tea and soft music in the background as she looks out the window, admires what she doesn't what to be in. Deep down though, damn is she bold and confident. She's perfectly imperfect with her beautiful smile and the sparkle in her eyes and her insecurities. But tonight she gave that vibe to the whole world once again. Confident and bold, just as she is. Even as Brendon shouted cheers to the new album and the tour I couldn't keep my eyes off her with her black dress and deep red lips that would surely rub off onto mine by the end of the night.

116 shows, over 116 days of not seeing her. "You should marry her?" Brendon says from behind me. "Merideth Weekes has a nice ring to it." I give him a shrug, but it's true. It doesn't sound weird like some names would if you put them with a different last name. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea. "Kelsey was different man. Now, we're going on tour tomorrow and we have a popular album so have a drink or two. Have some fun." He handed me a drink and I took it. A task that became simple recently.

"Today LA, tomorrow Las Vegas," I say before taking a drink of whatever he handed me.

*****

"Dallon, get up, we have to leave soon and you need to say goodbye to some people," Spencer says shaking my arm to wake me up.

"What? What time is it? Where even am I?" Couch, I'm on a couch and Merideth is on the couch next to me. I'm at Brendon's we never left back to my house from the party. "Fuck, how many drinks did I have?"

"Maybe ten? Not sure, Merideth probably knows. Wake her up, ask, drive her home, say your goodbyes. We gotta go, man." I nod and sit up. Going off to tour always made me excited, but this time I'm leaving someone behind.

*****

"I love you," I say into her hair as we sit in her living room in each others embrace, "but I really do need to go..."

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." She pulls away and wipes her face of tears, "This is stupid, I had the option to go with you, I can't cry over this. I'll see you in a week at the San Francisco show anyway. I love you, be safe and have fun."

"I will, I will. I'll see you in a week." I kiss her forehead and pull her into a hug. Take in her vanilla scent and remember it. "I'm always just one call away."

She nods with a smile, "Now go, play bass on stage every night and have fun." One last kiss goodbye and it'll be a week until I feel her warmth.

Maybe I will marry her.

*****

Hellooo, it's been a while (bit over a month) and I've decided how it will end (which will be heartbreaking whoops) but there will be a sequel. There'll probably only be 5-7 more chapters as of now.
Thanks for reading, if you enjoyed this you'll most likely like The Year We Fell and Winter Garden (I also have a Christmas one-shot that you might want to check out?)
Vote, comment, share with a friend, all that good stuff
Xo
S

Didn't I say I was gonna update once a week ???