Chapter 23

Mei awkwardly patted Kurotsuchi on the back as she puked into the deep blue water below. "There, there," she said, much to the girl's ire.

"I'm fine," She growled out with spite seemingly being the only reason for her continued speech. As soon as she finished talking, another wave of nausea forced itself up out of her stomach, making her puke even more into the sea.

"There, there," Mei said, patting the girl on the back.

"I didn't think she would be the one to suffer from sea-sickness," Temari said, joining the two on the prow of the ship.

"What made you think that?" Mei questioned.

"I'd bet she would stave it off from sheer anger alone."

"I'm not always angry," Kurotsuchi muttered, looking down at the waves as they undulated up and down.

Up and down.

Up and down.

"You're right," Temari said, nodding her head up and down. "You're not always angry. You're just usually angry."

"Fuck off."

"Like right now."

"I'd kill you if we were on flat land."

"Well first of all," Temari paused as Kurotsuchi clutched the railing and looked like she was about to throw more chunks to the wind. When nothing came, Temari continued, saying "First of all, no you wouldn't. I'm easily stronger than you. Second, we're not on dry land, so get fucked.."

Kurotsuchi's response was to flip the bird and say, "At least one of us is getting fucked." Something which Temari found amusing to no end.

Mei hopped up on the railing and gazed at the horizon, at the dots of land popping up every now and then. She took a deep breath of the salty air and smiled. It was good to be back home.

Kurotsuchi vomited again.

"Should I call Sakura over?" Mei asked. "I know you're seasick and all, but don't you think this is a bit much?"

"I'm sure she'll be fine," Temari said, as carefree as the wind.

"Fuck… everything…" The seasick girl in question groused, launching herself away from the edge and towards the undercarriage where Sakura was. There had to be something to knock her out for another 36 hours. She'd only been on it for 12 and that was already way too much.

As Kurotsuchi trundled along like a severe alcoholic would away from a watering hole, Temari joined Mei at gazing at the horizon.

"So," Mei said with a smirk. "Now your husband and Yugito are off alone somewhere. Any twinges of jealousy?"

Temari shrugged. "Not really. I like her. And seeing how the two of them have bled into each other thus far, it would be reductive of me to wish ill will."

Mei smiled knowingly at the girl. "You're bi, aren't you?"

Temari quirked a brow at the woman. "At this point, Kurotsuchi is the only one who isn't. And even that's suspect to change by the time this is all over."

Mei put a hand over her chest in mock outrage. "My word, to presume my sexuality. Do you have no shame?"

"What I don't have are any refutations of my presumption from you."

Mei tilted her head to her. "Indeed you don't."

Temari cracked a smile, considering their exchange for a couple of seconds in her head and looking back to the door leading to the undercarriage, Kurotsuchi on her mind. "Huh… I'm probably going to have sex with that girl by the time this is all through." If anything, she sounded contemplative. It was a weird thing to say contemplatively.