Winter day trip

The winter holiday has arrived. And with it, a letter has reached Tom Riddle's hands in the Slytherin table.

Harrison was the one who sent that particular letter, one that could change the lives of many. Harrison planned to take Tom to Gringotts Wizarding Bank to take an inheritance test. During the original timeline, Tom Riddle didn't claim his heirship over The Slytherin line until much, much later in his life. Giving him a chance to claim his heirship would change his life completely, thus changing the future. He will no longer be a poor nameless boy, no. He'll be a powerful wizard born to a prestigious bloodline, one with political power and money.  Harrison wanted to give Riddle the tools to be great. To be powerful, but legally so. He wanted to give Riddle the chance to be who he could've been if he had the means to do so.

But there was one more reason for the inheritance test.

Riddle was an indirect descendant of the Peverell line. Which meant that if Tom himself wished for it, Harrison would name Riddle his heir. It was the easiest way to get Tom out of that wretched orphanage, and Harrison would do anything he can to make that happen.

____________________

Tom politely wished his friends goodbye as they boarded the train, all going home for the winter holiday. Tom, as always, was the only one to remain at Hogwarts.

But this holiday was different from the rest.  He would meet with Professor Peverell, and he would search for the Chamber of Secrets.

And luckily for him, he had the entire holiday for himself, as he would meet with the professor in less than an hour.

_____________

The two wizards used the Floo Network from the headmaster's office to get to the Leaky Cauldron. It was rather empty, with the day being freezing cold. The professor earlier explained that they would check Tom's inheritance since with his ability, he at least had to be somewhat related to Slytherin, meaning he has a high chance of getting the Slytherin heirship.

As they walked into the bank Tom couldn't help but admire the interior of the estate. Unlike the crooked stature of the building, the inside was flawless. Tall, marbled stone pillars with gold decorations against the wall, a beautiful chandelier hangs from the beautifully painted high ceiling, and the massive golden clock on the wall. He has been here before, but all he could care about was how other wizards saw him, using the funding he was given by the school as he had no money of his own. but with the bank empty, he could marvel at it for the first time.

The professor walked towards the desk of one of the goblin tellers and showed him his lord ring.

"Ah, Lord Peverell, what is your business here?" The goblin said, sounding bored. "I would like to have an inheritance test done for him." The professor said, making a gesture towards Tom with his hand. "Very well," The goblin replied, getting up and bringing them into the room the tests were done in. A few blood drops later, he had the results.

Name: Tom Marvolo Riddle

Birth Date: December 31, 1926

Age: 15 years, 11 months

Parents:

Tom Riddle (Father)
Merope Riddle née Gaunt (Mother)

Inheritance:

Heir to the Ancient and Noble House of Slytherin (unclaimed, right to lordship unavailable until of age)

Side branch of the Ancient and Noble House of Peverell (no ability to claim lordship nor heirship)

Quarter share of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry (no right for share until of age)

Properties: