Chapter 10

"What are you doing?" I asked as I got to my car only to find Timber in leaning against the front of it.

"I'm waiting for you." He shrugged, like it was the most natural thing in the world.

"That is creepy." I said. It was and I refused to be intimidated out of believing it, or seduced.

"I told you that you are mine." He shrugged again. "I like to protect what is mine. And when it is something as precious as you, I like what is mine to always be by my side." He said it like it was normal to stake a claim and stalk your one night stands. If this was one of my books, I would have swooned, but it wasn't and I was furious.

"I am not something." I said, my blood boiling. "I am a person, and you will start treating me like one." It was my turn to be the one growling. At least the way the words ground up my throat suggested that is what I was doing. No wonder all of the morally grey fantasy villain's had raspy voices.

"Or what?" He asked. I froze. That was not the response that I expected. I had expected the same charismatic, asshole that he had been last night. There had been a danger in his eyes, but nothing like right now. Right now, in an empty parking lot with no witnesses, I felt like he was about to steal me away and never return me.

"Or I'm done." Yep, I couldn't be a voice actress. I had meant to sound sure and confident, but my voice was breathy, barely a whisper.

"I won't be. You already ran once and I found you." He said, pushing off of my car. He took a single step forward. "I found you and now I know where to look."

"I'll call the cops." I said. I really should have started with that. He smiled and I realized it wouldn't have mattered where I started. He was dangerous, and he had his sights set on me. My heart tried to beat its way out of my chest.

"No you wont." Okay, note to self, stop fantasizing about being the heroine in a dark romance. This is terrifying and it's real life. Though with the smile he had for me it looked like he could sprout horns, a tail, and fangs at any second. "You wouldn't call the cops, there is nothing that they can do and you know it."

"I am covered in bruises from you. I had several people ask me today if I needed them to call someone for me. I'm sure that they would do something."

"This might not be that big of a city, but that is a good thing. The cops grow up knowing not to be stupid about who they pursue. Besides, I'm known for being a little enthusiastic on the rare occasion that I take a lover."

Slap! He looked shocked as my handprint bloomed across his cheek. "Why are you such and ass!" I said. I didn't ask. At this point, I didn't care.

"You are the one that ran!" He was in my face, close enough that I could see every line on his. Yeah, he was pissed, but suddenly so was I. It was probably the lack of sleep, or the day filled with "I'm surprised that you can walk!" jokes, or it could have just been that after a night without sleep and working a thirteen hour day I had been written up for being late. I was not in the mood for my choices to be taken away.

"I did what I told you I was going to do. You chose to not listen." I was suddenly deadly calm, at least on the outside. My blood was still boiling.

"I told you what I wanted. Why won't you let me take you home and show you how happy you're going to be." He sounded so sure that I was fighting the inevitable. I was sure that the inevitable was that he was going to get bored and leave, or kick me out since he seemed to think that I was about to move in with him after one hook up.

"How do you know that I will be happy locked away in some house for you to use at your will. What is in it for me?" I asked. Before he could think to say anything more I stepped even closer to him. We were pressed against each other, neither backing up at the others anger. "Did you even think about that? About how you can make me happy other than just orgasms? If that is all you have to offer me then you can forget that I even exist."