Chapter 7

Alex's POV:

Tonight, the Carnival is opening up. It only happens once a year so basically everyone in town is coming. I was going with Maddy, Cassie, and Kat. I was hoping to see Rue, we haven't talked in forever.

But right now, I was getting dressed for the carnival. It was 6:30 so we had to leave around 8 to pick up the rest of the girls. I'm going to wear a black tube top and brown baggy pants with all black Jordan 4's.

Don't know if you noticed but I'm obsessed with Jordans. Anyways I just wore me hair down.

When I was finished getting it was seven thirty. I spent half the time just trying to figure out an outfit so.

After I made sure my outfit looked okay, I made my way to Maddy's room. When I walked in she was finishing up her makeup. She had her hair in a ponytail and had this purple outfit on with gems on the side and an open back.

"Are you ready?" I ask standing next to her looking in her mirror to fix my hair a little. She nods. She grabs her keys and walks out her room. I follow her out the house and get into the car.

~

We arrived at the Carnival and held hands so we can get through the large crowd and won't get lost.

Ash texted me saying he was going to be working the pretzel cart. But he was really only going to sell drugs with the pretzel. It's good for business, I guess.

When we got through the large crowd Cassie found Mckay, so she ditched us for him. So, I was left with Maddy and Kat. Which I didn't mind. We were walking around when Jules came up to Kat and asked her if she wanted to go on the Ferris wheel. They both ended up going.
I had met Jules outside by the tables in school, she was new to town.

Then me and Maddy ended up splitting ways to. She was on call with Nate trying to find him. Which thankfully I found Rue with Lexi and Gia. So I walked up to them and said hi. "Oh my god hi Alex!" Lexi said pulling me into a hug which I returned. "Hi Lexi. I missed you so much!" I say smiling. She responded with an 'I missed you too!'. Then I pulled Rue into a hug to after.

I ended up hanging out with them and walking around. But Lexi and Gia ended up leaving somewhere.

We then bumped into a smiling Jules. We were in the middle of 2 little buildings that were selling some stuff. We were talking when Jules looked towards the Jacob's Chili cart.

"Oh, my fucking god." She said with a look of shock on her face. I looked towards what she was looking at, it was nothing special, so I was confused so was Rue. "What?" I said leaning on one of the carts.

"That's him." Jules responded with a slight smile. "Who?" Rue said.

"The guy." Jules said blankly. "What guy?" I say trying to catch on. Jules couldn't take her eyes off of what she was looking at. "The guy from the motel." She uttered.

"Ok? What guy are we looking at." Rue spoke still confused. This was all so confusing.

"Okay, the one in the apron." She stuttered pointing at Nate Jacob's dad. 'No fucking way.' I said out loud.

"I swear to god." She spoke. 'No fucking way.' I repeated.

"Wait, Jules do you know who that is?" Rue said flabbergasted.

"Yeah the guy from the motel." She said smiling. I shook my head no and responded with 'That's Cal Jacobs.' Jules looked at both of us confused. "Who's that?" She speaks. I scoff and shake my head. "That's Nate Jacob's dad." Rue said looking at her with a head tilt. Jules eyes widened and looked back to Cal.