3. Sarrot - Nightmare

Oc x Canon, please don't hate!

(Parrot x Summer)

Huttsgalor was still that night, but deep inside the mind of a fretful Nadder, war ensued.

Fire leapt and danced in Parrot's vision. Forests burnt to the ground around him as he was stuck in the middle. Familiar dragons flew around him, some he knew from his previous visions, some he knew in real life, and a spare few he knew from legends.

All in all Parrot was terrified.

He tried to run or fly but his claws were planted to the ground, unable to move. He flapped his wings and waved his tail uselessly, but nothing worked. A mountain suddenly materialized out of the smoke in the distance, standing tall only for it to be instantly swallowed by gigantic white jaws bursting out from the ground.

His cyan eyes widened with fear and he closed them quickly, crouching down to try to block out everything around him.

Suddenly claws gripped his shoulders and he dared open his eyes, expecting to see a certain Fire Fury Razorwing hybrid gripping him but instead he saw... Summer?

The flames melted away into the dark and calm of the Rescue Rider's sleep cave as he blinked away the vision. There shaking him awake was the Fastfin Summer.

"Parrot are you okay? You were shaking and flapping in your nest." Her concerned face was close to his and he froze, unable to speak or do anything.

"Hello?" She looked confused and shook him agian.

"I'm a-wake!" He gasped and shook his head.

"Were you having a nightmare?" Summer sat back on her haunches from the edge of his nest.

He gulped, "Y-yes." It could have easily been a nightmare and not a vision like he first thought. Parrot couldn't differentiate between the two anymore, both were a living hell.

Summer's gaze softened, "Aww, I'm sorry."

Her voice was strangely calming, he closed his eyes and took several deep breaths.

"Is there anything I can do? Do you need me to get Leyla?" Summer leaned in closer.

"Uhm, no. Just... stay here for a bit please?" He opened his eyes.

She nodded and settled in beside him. He felt her webbed wing brush slightly up agianst his scaled one.

"Take some more deep breaths." She advised and he followed her instructions.

Slowly the fires and horrors started to clear, but it was never truly gone. No matter how hard he tried to forget, the memories loomed over him. He whimpered as quietly as he could.

"Sorry," He felt obligated to apoligize, "for... waking you up."

"It's not a trouble at all, I like helping other dragons," He could see her smile through the dark, "Ecspecially you."

Parrot was not expecting the last two words, and it didn't look like Summer expected it either. She paused and looked down, looked away, only for a few seconds, then turned back to him.

"I'm just really good with nightmares." She said slowly.

"Oh ok." He said, not really sure how to respond.

"Speaking of which. Something I always do when I have a nightmare is talk about things, usually with Leyla, so I can get it off my mind." Summer continued.

Parrot's heart felt sad. He knew not even a dragon like her could free his prison of a mind.

She began to make conversation with him, focusing on good things, and he followed along. His heart remained gloomy throughout the whispered discussion.

Wait. Something had changed. A new feeling stirred inside Parrot. He tried to desperatly to remember what he was it was about.

Then it hit him.

Not a day in his life had been free from the dreams and visions. They always circled at the back of his mind.

But just talking to Summer...

Somehow the impossible had been achieved. In those brief minutes of talking Parrot had forgotten all that he was worried about.

"Parrot?" Summer waved a wing in front of his shocked face.

"How did you do it?" He whispered, amazed.

"Do what?"

"Summer!" He gasped, more louder than he intended, and twisted around to grip her shoulder with his wings, causing her to blush slightly, "The nightmares! They went away!"

Happy ending, yay!