5: seriously again?

"The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye...until we meet again"  - Jimi Hendrix 

Nyx pov:

It all happened so fast, out of nowhere I was ripped from his grasp, and a pair of large hands picked me up and threw me over their shoulder.

"Let go of the girl, Draven!"

The man who was now known as Draven spoke. "Or you'll what? Summon a few ice cubes towards me? Please, do you honestly think that'll fucking work?" Akryn looked pissed, it was starting to terrify me. Two demons, one which was extremely dangerous, while the other was in a full-on unstable rage right now. "Do you actually care for this girl? I guess it's the human part of you, isn't it? You've grown weak, you should have left with me a long time ago, old friend. "

Suddenly, guards surrounded most of the courtyard.

"Tch, what a pain in the ass, oh well. Guess I'll get rid of them." The demon, Draven, chanted a spell, and a wall of fire surrounded us both. "Try getting through it, Ice demon. It won't work, and as for your pathetic guards, they'll die the minute they go through those flames."

fire... is he a fire demon? The demon made an escape while the guards were distracted by the flames.

"DRAVEN YOU TRAITOROUS BASTARD! YOU"LL PAY FOR THIS!" I could hear Akryn screaming for me and cursing Draven.

"Seriously, how much do you weigh? You're killing my arm here woman" Offended and pissed I hit his back over and over "You rude piece of shit! maybe you should have thought about that before kidnapping me! And how dare you mention a girl's weight!!" He rolled his eyes, paying no attention to me, but enjoyed the fact that he got me riled up.

"Will you relax, you should be thanking me, I practically saved you just now" i stared at his back..."What?" he smirked "Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough"

Akryns pov:

It doesn't feel right, her scent, I'm so attracted to it, it's like I can't get enough of it.

Earlier Lucien had told me to become his "Future queen's" guard. I had no problem with obliging him with his request. A part of me was excited for some reason to see her.

"I want you to show her around the castle in a little while, do that for me" Lucien told me. "As you wish"

A while later I had been sent to come get her for our little tour. I knocked on her door and got no answer. Is this the right room? I knocked once more, this time a little louder. Did that pervert do something to her? I swear I'm gonna kill him if he did. I knocked one last time, this one even louder than the others. "​​​​​Look I'm coming in now, I just hope you have some clothes on or something, I don't want to hear it from that bastard." I opened the door, only to see a tired young woman and one word went through my mind.

Mate

When I left with her I grabbed her hand." What are you doing?" She asked, slightly uncomfortable.

I stood there, thinking of an excuse. "Just making sure you don't escape, I doubt you will, but this is just in case, sorry" Lies I tell myself. I wanted to hold her hand, that was the real reason. I decided to take her to one of my favorite spots, The library. When I opened the door and saw her excited expression, I felt so...happy. I don't know how to explain it. I remember back when I was younger, and my friend, Draven had shown me the room for the first time.

"It is nice, isn't it? It's a little cold, not that I mind, and it's pretty dark and quiet. The best thing about it is that no one hardly comes here, so it's a great spot if ya want a quick nap or some alone time. Me and a best friend I used to know came here all the time when we were younger. He was a bit of a bookworm, while I was the one who usually fell asleep on him" I was a little sad, Draven was my best friend, but still. He's a traitor now, he made his decision like I made mine. Suddenly remembering her asking for my name, I decided to tell her. The girl seemed shocked when I did and gave me an awkward smile, one I fell in love with. So cute...

The two of us were having a conversation about Lucien when my mate said something that made me pissed.

"Yeah, he does seem to have a few loose screws in his head. Bad enough he thinks he can just waltz in and take a girl's first kiss." When saying that, my grip on her hand tightened ever so slightly, and I let out a small quiet growl. I'm gonna kill him. I tried to brush it off and ask "Hey shorty, wanna go see the courtyard?" instead.

"Sure, I guess it couldn't hurt..."

She was asking me questions along the way, and seemed to be interested in my life. We made it to the courtyard. She loved the sight of it and smiled once more for me. Seriously, what am I thinking? I can't be mates with Lucien's soon to be wife or whatever...Suddenly I smelled a familiar scent and froze. No...please, tell me that's not him...

"They're here...come on, let's get you somewhere safe." I grabbed her hand and was leaving the courtyard, ignoring her pleas. It all happened so fast. One minute I had a hold of her hand and the next she was ripped out of my grasp. I quickly turned around, confirming my fears.

"Let go of the girl, Draven!" I spoke with anger in my voice.

"Or you'll what? Summon a few ice cubes towards me? Please, do you honestly think that'll fucking work?" Draven was here, and what he wanted with her I don't know. "What? Do you actually care for this girl? I guess it's the human part of you, isn't it? You've grown weak, you should have left with me a long time ago, old friend."

Other guards surrounded the courtyard. "Tch, what a pain in the ass, oh well. Guess I'll get rid of them." Draven used a fire spell, creating a wall of flames as a distraction to the guards, and knowing i couldn't get through.

"Try getting through it, Ice demon. It won't work, and as for your pathetic guards, they'll die the minute they go through those flames."

Draven had escaped while the guards were distracted. I felt so helpless and weak, something I'm not used to feeling. only when I was up against him. Draven knew me better than anyone, he knew my weaknesses, then turned them against me after betraying me.

"DRAVEN YOU TRAITOROUS BASTARD! YOU"LL PAY FOR THIS!" I was in a full-on rage, I would do anything to bring her back and away from him.

Don't worry Nyx, I'll bring you back, I promise...