13: who's here?

"If they substituted the word 'Lust' for 'Love' in the popular songs it would come nearer the truth." ― Sylvia Plat

Nyx pov:

I laid back down and attempted to go back to sleep. As I laid there I heard the creaks of the floorboard and howling of the wind, and decided to get up and read something. I'm not gonna be able to sleep anytime soon. I looked at the clock and it read 3:30 am.

I may as well do something to calm myself down... I walked over to the small bookshelf that was in my room and picked out a book to read, as I was doing so I noticed a pecking at my window. It got louder and louder.

What should I do? I don't want to wake Draven up. Should I go check the window out? I quietly walked over to my window and looked out. There's no one there...

Suddenly I was yanked backward and a hand covering my mouth.

"Shush, it's just me princess...someone is here...and it's not Malik..." He let go of me and put a finger over his mouthing, telling me to be quiet. "That scent...there's no way...it's him..."

—----------------------

Dravens pov:

The rest of the night I watched as Nyx slept, ready to wake her in case she had another dream again. Dawn soon came and I went downstairs, deciding to pick something out to read and wait for her to wake up soon. I..remember reading to her when we were kids, it's a shame she can't remember. Though, I know it's not her fault.

An hour later I heard the floor from upstairs creak and a small yawn from the female. I went back to reading my book and waited for her to come downstairs "Um...Draven...?"

Hearing her voice I put down my book and looked at her. "Yes? Ya need something princess?" She looked away seeming a little shy

"Yeah, I'm a little hungry...I haven't eaten anything since I got here... " I sighed, irritated with myself that I forgot that humans have to eat more than us.

"That's right. Humans are more fragile than us. We're planning on changing locations anyway. Can you hold on for a few more hours? There's not much food that's edible for humans here."

"I'll try to. Do you at least have water or something?" I chuckled and went over to the kitchen. "Of course. Humans can have that. " I grabbed what looked like a small cup and poured some water into it. I handed my girl the cup and she gladly took it. "Thank you..." It's not the best you'll drink though, I thought.

I watched as she drank it, and chuckled to myself seeing her make a disgusted face. She then asked me a question "S-So, you said that we were changing locations? Where to?" I stiffened not wanting to get into the conversation on why we were changing locations and where we were going.

"I can't say where, but it's somewhere safe. I figured we'd leave this morning. I've already talked it over with Malik, he says he'll meet up with us later." I replied. my girl put down the cup and stared at me curiously. "Hey...I have a question about you both. What did Malik mean when he asked if I remember you two?"

Fuck...not that question, I'll have to tell her later... "That uh...I'll tell you about that later princess. Let's just go for now." I grabbed her hand and headed out towards our new location. Her hands...are so small... I heard her say "How can I trust you when you keep something like that from me?"

It's better if you don't know right now princess...trust me. I thought once more. Someday's I hate being an Incubus, that fucking urge...and my mate is right here...don't lose it Draven. You can control yourself...I told myself.

again I heard her say something. "I know this is supposed to be Hell, but like....where's the fire, and screams of people being tortured.?" my eye twitched and deeply sighed, irritated at her question. "Because princess, Hell isn't just tortured souls, It's where we demons live. Some humans become demons when they die, some can turn into them during life, possessed forever by one, and then there are the pureblood demons and the half-blood demons. There is another part of our realm where souls of humans that were terrible in life are tortured...but it's much darker and more terrible than a world of fire."

"Oh, so it isn't just a place of fire and torture? Good. So, I have another question Draven-"

"Are we playing twenty questions now princess?"

"No, we're playing as many questions as I want smart-ass"

"....Fine"