Chapter 6

Winston had called you. Concerned about the sudden news.

'John called and said that he had found you and that you're injured'.

'Right, and now he gives a shit'.

Winston sighs, 'this is still about Helen', it's certainly not a question, and you're glad that he knows where this is coming from.

'Where's Marcus, by the way?'

'He's out at the moment, but he's all be back shortly'.

Winston leaned on the desk, 'we're going to do a full sweep through the systems; it seems like we have a mole in our midst, and it looks like they've convinced your sisters to betray the Guild'
You hated how bad it sounded, but you can't help but agree. Sarah and Maia were now stripped from all protection though they hadn't attacked you inside The Continental. It was something that your parents had ordered.

It seemed like they knew something was going to happen.

Winston was quick to tell you that you would be off any contracts for the time being so that you could get your bearings. You were still injured as well, and you couldn't risk faltering. When Winston couldn't look out for you, the second was in charge.

Marcus.

He helped you through your most challenging times, all three of you. He had also looked after John as well. A father figure and a mentor, and that was how you had become. Who you were today.

'John did a good just with patching you up'.

Marcus spoke up as he looked at your injury, the stitches were perfect and neat, 'I'm assuming you were the one that taught him?'
Marcus shook his head, 'actually I didn't, John has had history before he met me so he had learnt to deal with injuries before, so I didn't have to teach him anything in that department'.
He pulled your top down and motioned towards the bed, 'go get some rest you look like you're going to pass out any minute'.

'But I-'.

Marcus didn't say anything but the look in his eye was enough to tell you to shut the hell up and hop into bed. The travel to get back to The Continental was quite a journey now that you thought of it.

+

'(Y/N)?

You look back at your mother who held out a cup of tea. Her gaze had caught your attention.

Sabrina was beautiful woman, a woman whom no one would have guessed would kill anyone.
She was your mother and a fine good one.

'Where are your sisters?'

'They're upstairs, why?'

'Come closer'.

Your mother passes the cup to you and pulls you closer, making sure that no one could hear her. I want you to trust me on this one. You father and I won't be around forever so I will tell you this'.

She tucks a strand of hair behind your ear, 'make sure you trust the right people, it would take a while, but you must keep your gaurd up because even the closest people can be your enemies and you wouldn't even know until it's too late'.

End Of Memory

You open your eyes slowly and stay still and quiet. The ticking of the clock in the corner of the room was all you could hear. Your chest was damp from sweat and you still feel a dull ache in your side. Marcus had disappeared ages ago but you weren't in the mood to go and find him.

You do jump when your phone goes off and you realize that you still had it shoved in your pocket so you answer.

'It's me'.

Ah shit.

'Hey John, hey listen I was meant to say thank you-'.

'Where are you?'

'Uh... In my room?'

'What number?'

You couldn't even remember because you just followed Marcus, 'oh... Marcus led me this a room so I'm not so sure what-'.

'I found Marcus, I'll talk to him'.

The line goes dead and you don't move the phone away from your ear as you try to make sense of John coming to see you.

You hear a knock on the door before it swings open and John enters the room. His eyes scan the area until they land on you.

'How's the wound?'

He approached you casually and you shrug, 'Marcus had a look at it and he said that it was-', you stopped speaking when John motions for you to lift your shirt, 'John, I said Marcus looked-'.

'Just lift your shirt, I've got more disinfecant, it's the proper one I was meant to use'.

'Oh, ok'.

'Move futher up the bed and lie back, I can't reach the stitches'.

You do as you say although you want to snap at him because you don't like being ordered around like that. But John was here to help you and you couldn't push him away.
He quick to lean onto the bed and start working on the stitches and you hiss in pain but this time he doesn't stop.

'John?'

He slows down but doesn't look at you so you keep going, 'I'm sorry I yelled at you', that was it, you weren't going to say anything because there was no excuse. He had gone out of his way to help you even though he supposedly hated you. You sigh and stare up at the ceiling, not wanting to grab his attention.

'It's okay'.

You surprised yourself because you got angry, 'no, it's not okay John, you went ouf ot your way to save me and look after me and-'.
You didn't expect John to suddenly pin you down on the bed, his face was emotionless for a few moments before he spoke.

'When I say it's okay, I mean it's okay'.

'But-'.

He holds you down a little harder and you can't help but wince, 'the stitches are fine now, but I'll keep the ointment on the little table', he said but he didn't move. It seemed like he wanted to say something but he was at a loss and so were you. Right now all you could do was look into his eyes and wondering what would happen next.

'John I-'.

Your mind had gone blank when John suddenly leans down and kisses you. His weight bore down your arms which caused you to open your mouth in pain, and that allowed him to shove his tongue down your throat. The move was rough and quick which almost made you gag. You don't move, don't you dare move, you allow John to explore your mouth for a few moments until he pulls away. His brow is creased as he looks down at you but it isn't long before he curses softly and pulls himself away from you. He doesn't say anything and you wouldn't blame him as you were speechless as well. John leaves you alone, he leaves the room and leaves you dazed and confused.