Chapter 18

You've never met The Continentals' allies because they were never needed. But here you were in front of the doors of one of them. 

It's just called The Mansion...

You cringe when the door before you open up, the hinges groan from years of age, and a young woman appears before them. Her chestnut hair was tied back into a bun, and her green eyes pierced yours.

'Welcome to The Mansion'.

Her eyes landed on John straight away, and her eyes grew wide, 'oh! Mr Wick! It's lovely to see you and- I'm sorry, but I'm unsure what-'.

'It's (Y/N)'.

You quickly introduce yourself and your not to sneer at her. She leads them into a lobby, it doesn't look like The Continentals', but it's just as beautiful.

'Mr Jackson will be with you in a moment, feel free to grab some drinks and relax'.

John thanks her before making his way over to the open-plan bar and orders two drinks, 'you okay? You look a little dazed', he keeps his eyes on you, and you feel your face grow hot, 'yeah just... I've never met these people... Have you?'

'Yes, I have... That woman that spoke to us before, her name is Melody, and I've known her since she was small'.

You realise how known John was, and you can't help but feel jealous.

Well, after all of this, you'll be known.

The both of you sit in silence as you wait for this man called Jackson.

'So I'm taking it, you know Mr Jackson?'

John nodded straight away, 'yes, I know him, but I haven't seen him for a while-'.

A rough voice had cut John off, and the both of you turn back to see a small aged man heading towards them. He was dressed in a light blue suit with shiny brown shoes, 'it has been awhile... I wish we didn't mean under the best circumstances though'; his smile was gone in seconds as he greeted John. His eyes were on you in seconds, 'ah and you must be (Y/N), it's lovely to meet you... Again not under the best circumstances'.

'It's... Nice to meet you'.

Jackson led you into a large office where you noticed Melody, and you also noticed that her eyes had never left John.

Hey, back off, you bitch.

You were young as well so you weren't so sure about John and you knew the way you were feeling wasn't good but you still were nervous.

'I received the notice from Winston... I can't believe that Scarlette had attacked you... She has a red marker over her head now'.

'I'd say she doesn't care because we can't really find her'.

Mr Jackson looks you straight in the eye, 'I was also told about your connection to her as well, you have two sisters, Maia and Sarah?'
You try your best not to shrink away in shame but you know it's not your fault... But they were your sisters.

'I would assume you would know your sisters well and their work ethics?'

Oh shit, he's right.

'You think I can help you track Scarlette down by using my sisters'.

Mr Jackson nodded, 'I think maybe that might be the best way', you're annoyed because it shoud've been your idea.

'I can help as well as the others, we can go with John'.

And me, you bitch'.

She wasn't paying attention to you at all and you could tell that she was infatuated by him and it pissed you off greatly but you weren't going to make it obvious that you were angry.

Let her have her fun, it's not like he's hers' anyway.

'We will contact Winston now and I'll send through the notice to the others, Luna has overstepped herself and we need to take her down'.

Mr Jackson wasn't playing around, his hands were clentched with fists of rage. He may be small but it was clear that he could pack a punch and he looked just as powerful as Winston and Marcus.

+

You were offered to stay the night seeing as you and John had made your way to come to The Mansion and it was least Mr Jackson could do.

'You are our partners and we will treat you with the highest respect, just like you would if we were in The Continental'.

John and you were taken to one of the small resteraunt. It seemed like The Mansion wanted to look as norml as it could be. It was different compared to The Continental by far.
You had sat down and ordered your meals. The room was divine and you wouldn't mind dining in here a few times... Maybe you could drop by a couple of times? You try not to laugh at the thought.

'Hey John, (Y/N)!'

The both of you look over to see Melody and a couple other people with her, oh god seriously?
She hadn't sat down with them but she wanted to talk to them straight away. You were on high alert when she began to talk and you took note at how shy she was.

'Were you two thinking of getting some drinks? You can go to that bar, they've got extra ones',SShe pointed to the bar towards the back, 'I've some recommendations'.
John had looked over to you as to ask for permission and even though you didn't want him to go with her, you let him go. But you watched them both walk towards the bar alsoi taking note how close Melody was to John.

'Hey'.

You almost flinch when you hear a gentle voice next to her and you look up to see a young man looking down at you, 'sorry, I didn't meant to scare you, I'm Morgan'.

'It's nice to meet you, I'm-'.

'(Y/N), I've heard so much about you'.

'Ah, great... This would be about my sisters right?'

Morgan shrugged, 'it's not your fault, but I understand that you're not feeling great about it', he seemed to be nice and you couldn't help but find him cute, hey, you've got John here!... But still like... Damn.
You notice that he's standing a little awkwardly and you sigh, 'hey, you can join us if you'd like, Melody can join as well as your buddies, we may as well get to know all of you since we'll be... Working together'.

That's one way to cause more drama, but then again I don't mind a little bit of drama... How easy can I make John jealous?

Now you're interested and you watch John to see if he's still with Melody and you can tell that she was getting closer to him.

'So... How long have you been at The Continental?'

Morgan asked, 'my whole life actually, my parents were assasins as well so this is my home. What about you and The Mansion?'

'Same here, though I was an orphan, I was left on the stairs and I guess my parents weren't aware that they had given me to a mansion that held assasins'.

'I'm sorry but that sounds hilarious'.

You try your best not to laugh but Morgan didn't mind one bit.
John and Melody had returned with some drinks, 'hey John, these guys can sit with us, we may as well spend some time with them'.
You suddenly see something flicker in his eyes as he looks in Morgans' direction.

There it is.

You keep yourself together as you continue talking with the others but you do keep an eye on Melody and John, making sure that you include John as well.
The night was young and you were going to enjoy it until they reach the end of the world.