Chapter 2 - Rewind

Cairo, Egypt, after Apocalypse was defeated

Jean and Raven helped the professor up, and Scott and Hank leave the house first to scope out the area. Scott comes back and tells everyone the coast is clear, and then starts rambling about how he thinks the coast is clear, and Jean ends up teasing him for not ending there. Erik helps Peter up, and Peter debates with himself whether to tell Erik that he's his son. But, Storm steps toward them, and Hank threateningly steps in her way.

"She means no harm. She...... she wants to join us." Jean says. Everyone looks at her. Everyone looks at Storm. Then everyone looks back at Jean. "I-I broke into her mind. Sorry, Ororo." Storm shifts uncomfortably from being called Ororo.

"What do you mean 'broke in', Jean?" Xavier asks.

"Of course, you would say that." Jean snorts. Xavier seems as if he is about to say something, but Jean cuts him off. "People's thoughts are thoughts for a reason. They're not like words. You can take back something you think before you say something you regret. Sure, people can have opinions, but thinking it won't hurt another person. At least, they shouldn't." Xavier stays silent out loud, but telepathically says to Jean, I never thought of it like that. Obviously. Xavier frowns. I wasn't finished. I think some people lose a right to private thoughts, after untrustworthy and betraying acts. Betraying to you, maybe. Xavier looks guilty, .....fair. But, Storm went against us and attempted to harm us. I've hurt you. I've almost brought down the mansion on you. All of you. Jean looks guilty. But you didn't do it on purpose. You lost control. Ms. Monroe did not. She hurt us on her own authority. Maybe, but she was also pressured to. The kid with wings, Warren, had already been with him. Apocalypse basically tricked her into it. He made her extra powerful and bribed her. We can help her Xavier. You still want to help Erik, and Ororo is no different. Please, Charles.

"If you two are done with your conversation-don't think we all didn't notice you two standing there talking telepathically- we should probably leave" Erik sniped. Jean blushed and Charles sighed "Yes, yes that would be wise. I believe we have some rebuilding to do." They were all silent for a few seconds, just standing there.

Scott broke the silence. "Ummm... Not to break the silence, but our jet has blown up, we've destroyed Cairo, the government is probably looking for us right now, and we don't have transport." Everyone sighed. "Thanks for the reminder, Scott." Jean quipped. Scott swallowed and blushed. Jean smirked.

"You forgot something too. The mansion is a) halfway across the world, and b) obliterated." Jean remarked, with the smirk still on her face. Then, the realization hit her, and the smile instantly faded, and she gasped, clapping her hands over her mouth.

"What? What is it?" Raven asked. "We left the others!! Back at the mansion!" Jean half yelled, looking very guilty and torn. The whole time, Hank had been staring at Jean, looking confused. Jean just then noticed, and asked "What Hank?" He shifted, confused and sad.

"You- what you- you said that......" He trailed off. Scott realized and said " Wait... They don't know what happened, do they?"

"Know what?" came from the previously silent Moira. She still seemed a little shaken knowing what happened with the professor.

"What... what's the last thing you remember before waking up in the government facility and us breaking you out?" Jean asked them.

"I-I don't know... The... the... I really can't remember... Just.. wait. We were in the mansion, and then... they took Xavier, and then... Alex tried blasting them... I don't... I don't know" Hank stuttered. Everyone who was there shook their heads in agreement.

"Why can't we remember?" Raven asked. "Because you were hit... by..... Something that looked like a shock wave." Jean answered carefully. They all noticed, and Moira said "What do you know that you're not telling us?"

"The government came and took you all, leaving all the children. Jean, Kurt, and I hid. Jean stopped someone from seeing and killing us. They took you on a plane, and we followed. We left all the other kids behind. They are still there, knocked out." They all looked utterly shocked. "On top of all that, the X Mansion was blown to smithereens, just like the jet, and my brother is DEAD because Apocalypse decided to drop in," Scott yelled, and stormed off, acting angry. But, Jean saw a tear roll down his face.

"A-Alex is... Dead?" Raven stuttered.