Chapter 4 - Purple with a Hint of Annoyance

I am dedicating this chapter to my teacher, Ms.Martha, for giving me a writing prompt that started my writing this, and allowing me to have the realization that I can write on Wattpad too! Thank you!

Jean kept walking towards the river, wondering what to say to Scott. She almost tripped over debris while locked in her thoughts, but managed not to fall. She saw a figure sitting on a piece of wood, looking over the water, head down.

"Scott....." Jean said softly. Scott didn't respond. He sniffled and sighed gloomily. Jean carefully sat down next to him. They sat there in silence, staring out at the water and mulling over their thoughts. Scott spoke first.

"I wish I at least could have been there for him," Scott said in a semi-even voice. Jean put her arm around Scott. "I know, Scott, I know," Jean said softly. "You know, you can talk to me if you want to. It's not like I'd tell everyone, and no one will hear you but me." Jean replied. Unbeknownst to her, she was wrong.

Psylocke sat crouched behind a ruined wall, trying not to make a sound, rolling her eyes at the two young X-Men in annoyance. She had wanted to actually learn something. But, that didn't seem as if it were going to happen. No more hiding. Psylocke was about to come out when she heard the whir of helicopters above her head. The two had heard it too. They got up and started running back towards their group. Guess I'll have to save all the fun for later, Psylocke thought.

The two X-men hurriedly made their way back to the group, out of breath after running almost half a mile. The rest of their team was standing there, arguing about what to do next.

"We need to fight." Erik was saying gesturing to the sky, and Xavier was objecting, "No, Erik, we will not fight them," as Raven was saying "I'm not hiding, but I'm not fighting either." at the same time Storm was saying "If Erik, Jean and I take the skies, then Moira protects the professor, and Hank, Raven, Peter and Scott can take the ground. Scott can also blast their helicopters out of the sky!"

"Hell no! I'm not blasting people out of the sky!" Scott shouted, while Erik and Xavier were still arguing, "See? She has a perfect plan! We need to fight them! They are here to take us!" "No! Erik we need to keep the peace." "What peace, Charles? You remember the beach all those years ago!" Then Moira butted in "Hey as I remember, that was soulfully your fault!" "Moira, it's fine. I'm fine." "Yes, see, we agree! We need to fight!" "NO ERIK. WE WILL NOT FIGHT THEM. WE NEED TO BE PEACEFUL." All the while Peter, Scott, Raven, Storm, and Hank were arguing.

"We need to fight! They took everything from me!" Storm yelled as Hank said, "The government is just here to fix this mess of Cairo!" "Yeah, well if you guys did your jobs, which to be clear is not my job, then Egypt wouldn't even be destroyed!" Came from Peter. "Not your job, huh? Well, then why did you even show up? Huh?" Scott snapped. "Maybe we should fight. The government has not exactly been kind to us..." Raven said. "What? How could you say that? I-I thought that you said it was fine! How could you even want to fight them, Raven?" Hank said angrily.

Everyone arguing at the same time was so overwhelming to Jean and quite counterproductive.

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!!!!!!!" Jean screamed. Everyone immediately stopped and looked at her. "I'll hide us from them, and then, we all sneak out, take a plane, and go back to the mansion."

It seemed as if everyone was scared to not oblige, so no one objected. None of them had ever heard Jean so angry and overwhelmed, and they didn't have much time, so they all got closer to each other, and started walking towards the river. The helicopters started landing, and troops went around, searching. Jean stopped many men from seeing them, and they all reached and crossed the river safely. Psylocke skillfully trailed behind the group, careful not to be seen.