Chapter 3 - Legacy

"Yeah, you knew him?" Jean asked, slightly irritated.

"He... he was-" Raven broke off silently sobbing. Jean looked a bit confused. Almost as soon as she broke off, Hank whispered "He was on our team... The first X-Men team... He-He was a good friend. I didn't think- I never- he was so..." Hank trailed off as well, and looked down. But then, he walked over to Raven, hugged her, and started crying as well.

Scott was nowhere to be seen. Jean looked down and shuffled uncomfortably. She wanted to say something, but she didn't know what to say. "Scott-Scott... he umm... he thought-he felt the same way... he felt like it should have been him....." Hank looked up with a look of masked pity on his face. "Scott said it should have been him... But... never mind." Jean stopped herself.

"But what? Jean, what?" Xavier said. Jean looked up and surveyed the scene. An unconscious Kurt and a silent Peter sat next to each other. A few feet away Erik hat sat down, staring out into nothing. Moira stood holding Xavier up, Storm stood there, confused about everything that was happening, watching Hank and Raven crying, who had both now sat down hugging and crying with each other. Jean looked around her. The collapsed pyramid next to her, with every building, laying destroyed. Most of the fires were out, still smoking.

Jean sighed. "I-I know it's breaking into people's minds, but... I can't completely block them. The most prominent thoughts, well I hear them like rain. Alex.... Alex thought Scott would be the one..... Be the one to do something good. To do something-something right. Maybe even change it... He hoped Scott could be better than him. In a way, Scott could never be. But, he will. In his own way." Jean finished with confidence. Moira had laid the professor down.

They all saw a blinding flash of red on their left, and a scream of anger, pain, and sadness. Scott. "Is he ok? Someone go get him!" Xavier exclaimed, as Moira sprung up and started to jog in that direction. Jean stopped her. "He's fine. We'll not really, but he's not physically hurt."

"Well someone needs to get him anyways" Erik finally spoke, "that is if we have any intention of getting out of here." He too got up and started walking in Scott's direction. Again, Jean stopped him. "Let me."

"And why do you need to go? Someone has to."

"No offense, but if there's anyone who will piss him off more than he already is, it's you," Jean remarked. "Or Xavier," she added. "Or basically anyone who was even at the mansion".

"Kurt's passed out so," Jean deducted "Logically, it should be me," Xavier smirked. "Are you sure that's all?" He quipped.

Jean blushed hoping Xavier didn't know of any feelings towards Scott, but recovered in a matter of seconds, replying, "Of course I like him, he's my friend." and with that, she smirked right back and walked towards Scott.

Sorry for the short chapter! Thanks for reading! :D