chap 4

And Now I'm starting to think, Does he actually even understand English or something?

After another round of eating and dessert reviewing. I think I want to surrender and go home anymore. In full Hibernation mode.

"Please, excuse me... Nature calls" I quietly spoke, dragging my chair.

"Make sure you don't get lost on your way back again." Trudeau laughs pointing a watermelon to my face.

"I will.. I will." I replied in defeat, snickering my way out.

I walked my way to the bathroom, a left and a right turn just as I was told... But I stopped midway and on a second thought, I walked my way somewhere. Taking a right and then a left turn instead. Straying myself away again, as desired. haha

I'll let the palace surprise me.

Following where my feet will lead me, I found myself walking towards a balcony. The palace's patio.

Tiny particles of snow flows its way down on surfaces. Leaning on the ice cold metal railings, the view is very spectacular. The gardens, a dead one but anyway..

*RING***

"Miss Ma'am, please don't tell me you lost your way back again?" It's

"No... I'm on my way. See you there."

"By the way, the roads are rocky. We low-key have an emergency call overseas."

The call was cut off followed by a loud beep. Infuriated, I violently tapped the earpiece. "Damn it!"

"Miss Kenovva?" a voice spoke behind me.

Fully startled, I held myself tight from the railings and turned to my back, locating the source of the sound.

Vladimir Putin emerges from a corner, with a usual blank expression.

"Mister Putin" I breathed, now half startled. "My apologies, I should have know that the patio is off limits." I slouched leaving.

"No, no, no, please stay" he spoke gesturing me to go back. Ummm.
I turn my back to face the view of the patio once more, he holds a tight grip on the metal railings.

The view is spectacular, Neatly parked cars on the side, a field of snowed greenery and one hell of a maze.. as if you were inside Tchaikovsky's imaginary play.

"This balcony is my favourite place to wind off" he spoke, his gaze evidently deep in thought looking a million miles away.

"The view is very pretty from up here." I smiled looking at the street lights from a distance. Enjoying it.

,"Such a lovely place... And a great nation too." I added, killing off another set of quiet space between us.

"You're too young to lead a nation.' he spoke, turning his head away.
"Too young, I just sold my life away to become a president." I sighed, being too sentimental.

"Mister Vladimir-" I glanced beside me. Him, who's already staring at me

"Do you think this is a great idea?" I asked in silence.

His eyes still blank yet staring into the roots of my soul..

"What?" He asked

"I am not sure if I should run as president."

"Run." He spoke

"Huh?" I asked,

"Run for president" he answered, he steps forward, now nearer to me. His hands once gripped on the railways, now lands on my shoulder.

It was dim, The only light that covers us the subtle candlelight on a wall lamp and the moon.

"Thank You" I smiled. It was quite intimidating, how he towers over me. Seeing how I'm 5 inches shorter. He stood infront of me, 5 inches taller. He needs with a quaint smile on his face. Eyes, not looking at me.

His eyes glazed, ice blue. With those eyes, too dangerous.

A cold winter breeze blows on our faces. I stepped backward, realising how long I must have been staring at him that it almost felt TOO illegal.

He slowly stepped backward, looking away. Dear God, I hope this freaking tension goes away.

I squint, thinking of a plan...

"Miss Kenovva" he calls with a heavy russian accent.

I blinked, hiding my hands inside my coat pockets. "Mister Putin.." I replied, bashfully avoiding eye contact. I've had enough "ice blue eyes" viewing time and that's enough.

"Let us go back to zze event hall." He sighs. Gesturing me to go inside the room first.