chap 7

"Today is the day and I should not only look empowering, I also have to look nice." I breathed, checking my reflection from time to time.

"Please, you already look astonishing." My assistant answered, already have annoyed. Pointing a small USB fan towards my direction.

"Stay closer" The assistant hisses at the security who holds our umbrella from the sun.

Everyone is doing their parts. What lies before me is a large red carpet and my country's beautiful palace, in which I owned. From the carpets lines a neat batch of militaries standing firmly, military bands mentally rehearsing to perfection.

"You shouldn't be soaking until the event ends, Mister Putin will be here by 7 minutes sharp. Stand nicely" she whispers.

I slightly reached for my hair, feeling the tight pins stabbing on my skull. But everything to look pretty. 35°C, it's hot in here. What more if he arrives, it'll be one hot Sahara Night.

Beside me should be the country's president together with their first lady/ first man. I have no one, If I could marry the sack of papers on my table.. I totally would.

A loud police siren wails as everything immediately comes to a halt. The echoing siren indicates the arrival of the motorcades. Russia's respective motorcade ferrying him.

"Brace yourself" they whispered beside me.

He was not that difficult to find from the motorcade, Mister Putin rides on his own All proof black luxurious NAMI limousine. What surrounds him are his protective officers, ironically he doesn't need them anyway.

"Slick car." Whispers one of the guards.

The limousine drives to a slower pace and stops Infront of the carpet. One of the guards opens the door of the back seat.

My assistant and umbrella man slowly steps backward. Now leaving me on my own on the edge of the red carpet.

The back door opens and slowly climbs down from the limo is the one and only him. He walks his way forward towards my direction and his guards went the opposite way.

"Welcome, Mister Putin" I greeted him in the most calmest way that I can.

He smiles and reaches for my hand. Clasping it with both hands. I did the same. After we broke our handshake apart. Putin gives me a knowing look.

"It's good to see you.. again" He smiles.
He looks behind me, to see an obvious sight of an invisible first man.

"Let's look at the cameras first." I whispered as I point to the desperate media section right across the fences.

"Oh" he mumbled as we stood beside each other to give the media a good look from us both.

The military; armed forces performs a startling concerto intro. A group of military men conducts their first piece. The band played Katyusha- Russia's lovely folk song as the events comensed.

"We'll stand together like civilized humans" He laughs. Smiling to the cameras.

"Civilized humans from different constitutions." I added, mirroring his actions.

"Please, This way Sir Putin. I would like you to meet Muganza's Guards of the Nation." He proceeds further towards the red carpet. The men, guards of nation is eagerly waiting for Putin to meet them one by one.

At least 40 men, introduced themselves briefly to him and shook his hand. Some blushed like I once did..

What follows is the raising of both Muganza and Russia's Flags. The military plays our respective national anthem. Flexing an absolute performance from the outstanding performers. I noticed Putin's face becoming redder and redder as Russia's anthem finished.

He shot a glance to my direction, noticing my explicit confused expression. He clears his throat as he looks away from me. I knew how pleased he is by my military's succesful performance

Words cannot be exchanged once the ceremony is over, only facial expressions and telepathic messages were exchanged throughout the musical number....
Perhaps, exchange phone numbers next?