chap 10

"That son of a bastard promised to pay us thousands- if only we arrange a hundred thousand illegitimate votes to your name."

with that, the crowd buzzed. exchanging whispers one to the other. How rich.

Blinking, Mouth shut. Deadpan averting my stare towards the Russian man at my side. Whose eyes happens to be already looking at me.

Excluding the crowd, no words were uttered between the two of us. Only a look of shame. His own shame and my shame for his. His expression became cold , but mine is frigid.

Everything was in motion and my feet are seconds away from charging against him. The thing is, I knew better than that. This ex KGB man knows what I am about to do next.

But he's not gonna predict this. I walked out of the stage leaving him with no one but himself to handle all of the commotion.

The guards trailed behind me as I walked to the lounge up the palace. Before reaching the large lounge doors, I lifted my hand, commanding the men "have three men to guard the doors,  The rest of you, barricade these stairs." It didn't take them long to move hurriedly, my hands reaching for the door knobs, then closing it behind me.

Slamming the doors behind me. In which had Created a loud bang.

===

Time flew fast in my opinion. I didn't want it to fly in the first place. If it does it could mean that everything already has been taken care of downstairs and soon his Excellency will come explaining by the door. It was Almost twenty minutes since I lay rested on my armchair. I poured myself a little bit of anisette.

The doors creaked, opened and closed. I reached for the bottle cap, closing the liqueur on my hand.

"Kennova..." He called, my name hummed softly from the corner of the room.

I pressed the rim of the glass on my lips, taking a shot of the drink.

"Kenovva." He spoke again, his tone now sounded sure.

Lowering the glass on the table, I shifted to look at Vladimir Putin. Who stood there six feet away from the door. 14 feet away from my seat.

My mouth curved into a smile, beaming at him. He slowly steps forward, eyes still on me. "The man was driven towards the politsiya, he is put into custody."

I nodded, satisfied with what he has to say.

"I had mentioned, Do not pay attention with whatever comes from his tongue." , "Not a word he uttered is the truth." He inhaled, stopping himself from taking a step further.

"No?" I asked, adjusting from my seat.

"Everybody knows you won it fairly," "Exactly. I really thought I DID won it fair and square, Vladimir." I rose from my seat, while I clutch the wood on the chair's headrest.

"Because you did." He sighed, his arms slowly reaching to my hands, he places his palm on mine. His hands are cold.

"I thought I did, but guess who doesn't think so. THEY do!" letting go from his grasp, his brows furrowed into frustration. "You overreact to this when you shouldn't." Vladimir sighed in agony.

"Do you believe with what that criminal has to say?. Hearsay. All of it. Hearsay!"

When you look at his face, you might be really close into believing what he say and I pray that it is true. True, that my votes weren't bought by him. I lowered my head, facing away from his face. Staring at an empty fireplace behind me..

"Were the administration directed to their houses?" I asked.

"One by one they were instructed to go." He replied, still standing behind me. Something's telling me that he waits for me to face his direction again.

My hands reached back at the armchair, clicking twice at a hidden button underneath the arm rest.

Three of the guards marched inside the doors, stopping in a line waiting for my instructions.

"Mr President, Vladimir Putin won't be staying any much longer, have the ten of you walk him to the airport."
The guards nodded and walked to the exit, to command the other guards.

The other guards, who's been guarding the door, walked to Vladimir's direction, guiding him out of the room.

He spoke in a quiet manner to the guards, before he could even reach the exit. They nodded and opened the door and left..

The heel of his shoes echoing as he marched towards my direction once more. His worn hands recklessly reached for my jaw, as he presses a harsh cold kiss that ended only for a couple seconds.

Breaking the kiss away, his brows furrowed. His eyes were not asking for anything more. It seems as if he's only asking for an answer to his burning question. His face still a couple of centimeters away from mine.

"Get to the airport, Leave from my country." I spoke impatiently, dismissing him.

It didn't take him long before he surrendered into making me say anything other than my bland formalities.

He reached the doorknob and took a pause. Metallic blue eyes looking at my direction one last time. "I have given you a lot today and much more, Miss President. Think about my offer."

The doors closed, finally leaving me alone.. I sharply breathed, allowing myself to collapse on my chair once more.