Chapter Five: The Exciting News

Gisele rushed back home, a little bit exhausted from the day's activities. She quickly picked up her phone to send a text to Lizzie.

Gisele: Hey Liz, can u come over?

Lizzie: Why? Did the interview go badly?

Gisele: Just come over already N stop asking questions.

Lizzie: Ok Ok I'm coming. Don't blow my head off.

Gisele smiled, kept her phone on the nightstand, fell on the bed and threw her right hand over her eyes.

After about 15 minutes, she heard a key turning in the lock meaning that Lizzie had come because she was the only other person who possessed a duplicate key of her room.

Lizzie rushed in like a tornado and immediately like the mother hen she was, checked Gisele's temperature with the back of her hand.

"Gisele, ma puce, what's wrong with you?"

Gisele chuckled and it turned into full blown laughter.

"There's nothing wrong with me. Lizzie don't scream much after I tell you this, OK?"

"I knew I shouldn't have put all our eggs in one basket. But I was hoping that even you were not qualified, Slate would've taken one look at you and fallen in love. I just---", Lizzie whined but was stopped by Gisele's shout of laughter

"What's it hon? Is it hysteria? I can---", Lizzie started speaking once again but was stopped by her best friend's grin.

"Why do you have that cat-that-ate-canary look?", Lizzie asked, a bit concerned about her friend's obvious lack of concern about her future.

Gisele wasn't deterred, she answered proudly, "'Cause I'm the cat who ate the canary. I got the job.", Gisele squealed excitedly causing both of them to start screaming at the top of their voices. Then they calmed down little bit and Lizzie said

"We totally have to celebrate this. I know exactly what you need a shopping spree and I won't take no for an answer. Don't worry, you're gonna all the details later, hot or not..."

Her voice trailed out as both of them left the room.

.....................................................................................................................................................................
How did you find it? Boring, short, uninteresting...? Plz just let me know. See you later.
Love, Babycakes_17