A Grand Cerrimony

King Night Light and queen Velvet were very happy, with a prosperious kingdom, and two healthy, happy children. But even so, the couple was longing for more to their life, when it came to them in the form of an alicorn, purple filly with purple eyes that sparkled like the twilight sky. "That's what we'll call you!" Velvet cried happily. "Twilight Sparkle, and the newborn filly cooed and giggled at her new name. Shining Armor and Applebloom were overjoyed to have a little sister, and promised to take good care of her. There was a great christening for the foal, when the entire kingdom came to see the baby princess and honor her.

Chorus" Joyfully now to our princess we come
Bringing gifts and all good wishes too
We pledge our loyalty anew
Hail to the Princess Twilight
All of her subjects adore her

Hail to the King, hail to the Queen

Hail to the Princess Twilight

Health to the Princess

Wealth to the Princess
Long live the Princess Twilight
Hail Twilight, hail Twilight
Health to the Princess
Wealth to the Princess
Long live the Princess Twilight

Hail to the King, hail to the Queen

Hail to the Princess Twilight!

In the throne room, there was the newborn foal in her crib, with a three yr old Shining armor and a 2 yr old Applebloom standing guard. The baby filly was actually an alicorn, but in came the neighboring royal family. The king and queen, and their 2 sons, 2 yr old Flash and 1 yr old Pip. Both colts gave their gifts to the new born and it was decided that Twilight and Flash, and Applebloom and Pip, would be wed when they come of age. Then a mist of magic swept into the room, and the three breezies entered. Starlight, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash.  Each of them gave a gift to Twilight. Starlight gave her gift first.

Chorus: One gift, beauty rare

Dark of Twilight in her hair
Lips that shame the red, red rose
She'll walk in springtime
wherever she goes!

One gift, the gift of song

Melody your whole life long!
The nightingale her troubadour
Bringing his sweet
serenade into your door