Don't Mess With Twilight

Twilight grew up in a cottage in the woods with her "aunts" and her older sister. She knew nothing about the curse or of her true heritige. Apple Bloom loved Twilight to death and didn't mind telling her so. Starlight, Fluttershy and Rainbow raised the two girls. As Twilight grew, she began being tormented with strange nightmares about changelings, ad a spindle. This made her very cautious and paranoid, and she trusted almost no one. Apple Bloom was able to bring her out of it, but as Twilight grew, she was bullied relentessly. That all stopped one day when Twilight was 9. Twilight was hiding in a thicket from some bullies. They were rough and tough dragons, Twilight saw they were about to smash a purple and green egg, and in her fear, hatched it, gaining her cutie mark. The hatchling dragon imprinted on Twilight, and the leader of the bullies grabbed her by her wings. Twilight struggled to protect the hatchling as the dragons beat her up, then carried her through the forest and tied her wings behind her back. The were about to throw her into a deep river when an enraged earthpony filly slammed into the dragons, glaring at them with unmatched fury. The dragons fought to fly away and Applebloom took Twiight and the hatchling dragon home which they named Spike. Twilight was glad to be safe and sound with her family around her.

Twilight: When you don't know where to go

And you're feeling all alone
Look inside yourself
You're so much more than you know
When you're stuck and out of time
You can cross the finish line
You're a champion
You'll always be a winner

Oh, oh, oh

Oh, oh

Oh, whoa

You can be anything you want
If you believe in who you are
You'll light up the whole world
You're shining so bright
Anything is possible
When you look into your heart
Oh, oh, oh, oh
You're a shooting star

When I'm down and feeling scared
I know I should take a chance
The world is sitting right here
In the palm of my hand
I'm flying higher than before
And giving up is not a choice
I'll push the doubt aside
And step into the spotlight

Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh
Oh

I can be anything I dream
Live the life that's made for me
I'll light up the whole world
I'll be shining so bright
Anything is possible
When I look into my heart
Oh, oh, oh
I'm a shooting star
Oh, oh
I'm a shooting star
Oh, oh
I'm a shooting star

As time passed, Twilight grew older with her little family, and though she always knew something was up, the studious alicorn filly payed it no mind. She had an older sister, a younger brother, and three "aunts" who loved her very much.