Espresso Cookie x GN!Reader - "Still Awake?"

(This is a sample fic for anyone planning to request, but I have another written in the drafts that was supposed to be the original sample. Comment if you want to see it — I might release it due to high demand lol)

(Second Person POV)

    It was another late night in the kingdom. Cookies all around were sleep, nestled away in their beds or really however they slept. You, however, were kept awake by the coffee magician himself: Espresso Cookie.

    The handsome perfectionist that refused the despairing feeling of imperfection, and just your luck, he happened to be your boyfriend. This caused you to lose hours upon hours of sleep in the middle of the night, even if he'd promised you that he'd tone it down a bit. Regardless of what he said, it was difficult for him to not make noise or frustratedly grunt because his "coffeework" wasn't to his incredibly, astonishingly high standards.

    "Damn it." you heard Espresso mutter to himself before another rapid flip of book pages and the sound of more coffee brewing, already knowing how frustrated he truly was at the moment.

    Continuing to eavesdrop and listen into whatever he happened to be angered about now, you'd rubbed your eyes tiredly, your body begging to yawn yet you knew you had to keep things quiet. It was fun to listen to Espresso work — sometimes, of course, but if he'd heard you, Espresso would shoo you away and not allow you to come back. That is, until a couple nights later when his guard has returned to being down, which was the predicament you were in now.

    "If I just... I think..." he whispered, flipping through more and more notes.

    Suddenly, the sounds of paper being sorted through had come to a halt, "That should be it." Espresso hummed.

    You could hear the smile in his voice, already imagining what his little successful smile looked like, how he looked so handsome when proud, how he didn't hesitate to flash his pride like it was nothing. It made a small smile creep its way onto your sleepy face, just continuing to envision your boyfriend's sweet yet haughty little smirk you adored so dearly.

    "Heya, 'Presso. Still working?" you said as you peeked around the corner, a silly grin on your face paired with your hands on your hips sassily.

    "Hello, (N/N). Yes, but you should be asleep — especially at a late hour like this, dear." Espresso Cookie said, adjusting his round, glossy glasses charmingly.

    You scoffed lightly, "Pfft, sleep? Not when you're awake being all loud like this."

    "I- no, impossible! Surely I couldn't have been that loud, right? I promised you that I'd quiet things down more..." he fussed.

    "Nope. I have to hear every clank of the tools you're working with, and even if you're whispering, I can still hear each annoyed exclamation you do when something isn't to your liking." you say, calling him out practically to leave him with wide eyes in disbelief.

    Espresso just flatly replied, "I don't remember you having such good hearing."

    "It's not that... I know being woken up in the middle of the night is in no way pleasant, but it's more so just me wanting you to go to sleep and not be so harsh on yourself." you said while fiddling with a bit of fabric on your pajamas nervously.

    "Sleep is not on my schedule, darling." Espresso Cookie whispered sternly, turning around to continue working at his desk as if nothing had just happened.

    "Ugh. I get that, but can't you like, take one night off, Espresso?" says you, placing your hand gently on his shoulder while rubbing it lightly.

    "No. But are you asking me to come and rest with you, (Y/N)?" he said, looking up with sharp brown eyes that drooped tiredly and dark circles that highlighted his sleeplessness.

    "Yes...?"

    "Oh," he said, almost with a tone of sadness glazing his low voice, "then let me finish up a little bit of work here and then I'll be there, okay, dear?"

    He brushed his soft dark hands against yours, caressing you gently with love while he felt each bit of your sugary palms graze against his. His eyes had never looked this tired before, and you couldn't help but pity him the more you looked into them, but oh — they were so loving, regardless of how austere or tired he got. You loved him, all past whatever flaws he beared.

    "Thank you, Espresso Cookie. I just want you to rest, especially when you've been working hard like this." you smiled before placing a little kiss atop his forehead.

    Returning the favor, he'd gently brought your head down to where he could peck a little kiss on your lips, so quick yet so gentle, it was only just Espresso Cookie showing his love for you the best way he could. It was so sweet, knowing that he was trying his best to be a good partner for you even if it meant maybe putting a small and short pause on the coffee magic for one night.

    "I know you do, and I appreciate you for it. I'll- I'll try to get more sleep if it makes you happy, love." he smiled.