Forty-eight.

Engrossed with the enormous pile of papers scattered, waiting for his signature to be imprinted, he was trailed off when a gentle knock resonates to the four cornered room.

"Sir? Someone might've sent you a letter."

"Thanks..."

".....First."

He just raised his hand as a sign that he acknowledged his boss's retort.

Still scared to know the truth behind that letter, he frantically searched for the thing he's longing to hold when he's anxious.

His picture.

Counting from one to ten and vice versa didn't help at all.

Why is he literally panicking over a piece of paper?

Ah.

He's still the Mew who's scared to accept the truth.

That Mew from ten years ago.

His circle of friends capitulated to the fact that he's dedicated to an oath he carved in his mind.

That no matter how much they opposes the truth, he affirms that no one can hinder his unspoken vow.

So..

What's impeding him to open the letter?

Ah.

Probably because of the sender.

Right?

"Entry...nine?"

Doubtful with the imprinted note on the outside, Mew fumbled the sides as he grappled the paper like he's holding his lifeline.

He never thought that a mere piece of paper can induce a whirlpool of emotion in an instant.

"Entry 09.

I never had the chance to articulate the words that I've been prompting to say.

Words of affirmation that took so much delay.

Uttering a mantra every time I pray,

P'Mew..

This time..

Would you still want me to stay?

Ps. I'm here in our place. This time, I'll be waiting for you. :)

-KW🌙"

Finally.

The long wait is over.