24. Living Nightmare 💚

" Real love knows no bounds, let me show you. " ~ Unknown

Izuku is tired. Probably more tired than he has ever been in his life, and the problem with that is he can't afford to be.

He's been in near nonstop combat now for hours. Fatigue is evident on his features. His shoulder aches, the nights of hardly any sleep lately are pulling at every aching muscle now making him sluggish every movement feeling like lead weight tied to him.

He has a minute, but probably only that as he leans against the side of a brick building trying to catch his breath in an ally way.

He's sweating, dirty, bleeding, hero costume torn and ripped. His breath heaves, a tone chest rising and falling with each breath.

He wraps a strong arm around his own torso, head back against the brick, eyes closed. His mind wanders to deep red orbs, ones he prays he'll get to see again, but if he's being honest right at this moment he isn't sure. The villain attack upon him is the biggest he's ever seen. The league has definitely outdone themselves this time.

Tho Izuku has been able to fight each villain off so far the fact that it's one after the other nonstop is what's been so difficult and the fatigue that has gripped him is also showing itself on his fellow heros.

Deep green eyes open as he looks up at the smoky sky. He thinks of Katsuki, feeling his heart ache against his ribs.

Izuku has never been afraid to die, it's a very real possibility for a hero and a risk he knew he would always have to take to protect others, but the one thing Izuku is afraid of is leaving Katsuki.

His whole life the one thing that always broke him with ease was leaving or being left by the blonde hero.

Even as kids anytime he had to leave the playground and tear himself away from red eyes and blonde hair it hurt. When Katsuki left after graduation it broke him more than anything ever had, he's not even sure if the day he found out he was quirkless hurt as much as the day the blonde left him behind.

But, that blonde came back, that blonde hero came back to reclaim what was his, what had always been his, and now Izuku has him and that was reason enough to be sure he lives through this mess, because if he doesn't that blonde, fire breathing fireball is going to be pissed and even in death Izuku doesn't want to face that wrath.

He smiles, busted lip bleeding as he chuckles to himself feeling new resolve spread in his chest as he thinks of his boyfriend.

He takes a deep breath ready to head back out and just as he steps from the ally he doesn't have to wait to find his next opponent.

A large villain Izuku has never seen is standing there with a ghastly smile as he stares at the greenett who's own face is now twisted into an angry scowl, green lightening cracks to life as the number one hero takes his fighting stance.

" Well, well.. if it isn't hero Deku! Exactly who I was looking for!"

Izuku let's his own smirk take hold, one his boyfriend would be proud of.

" Well looks like you found me, let's do this!"

The green eyed hero isn't sure what this guy's quirk is and that's always the tricky part, but to his dismay and before he can even throw a kick of a punch is finds out as the ground below his feet began to melt and he's quickly being taken down, this guys quirk was quick sand.

The villain smiles.

" Sandy is my name, you can probably see why"

Izuku struggles, pushing his quirk into every part of his body to try and break free, but the more he does, the faster he sinks.