Another Adventure

Jimin

If Jungkook wasn't so damned adorable, I know I wouldn't stick around for yet another adventure to pester a man I very much did not want to see.  A forced kiss was bad enough, but to be dragged in front of him time and time again, to be reminded of the unwanted feeling of his lips on mine...well, I don't think Jungkook understood what I felt each time I saw Captain Yoongi.  He'd only gotten older and more formidable in the years since he'd left Jungkook's side.  Meanwhile Jungkook and I stayed 19 years old forever.  Thankfully my Jungkook was a beast of a 19 year old and could protect me if he decided to try anything again.

Not my Jungkook, I reminded myself.

Yes, if Jungkook wasn't so damned adorable, this would be where I drew the line.  If only to save myself from the monotony of yet another pirate ship raid. 

Instead of bemoaning my repetitive existence, I focused on the boy who was old enough to be called a man as we crouched in the bushes off the coastline surveying the pirate ship.  Captain Yoongi and my friend Mr. Tae stood at the helm having what appeared to be a bit of a heated discussion.  At least, Mr. Tae seemed to not be too thrilled with the way it was going.

"What do you think, my Jiminie?"  Butterflies fluttered in my stomach at his use of "my Jiminie" to address me.  "Should we just charge straight in or give him a bit of a scare first?"

Mischief sparkled in his chocolate brown eyes as he grinned devilishly at me.  At that moment, he could've asked me to give him my wings and I'd have gladly complied.  I could tell which option he preferred so I merely gave in.

"Ole Hook Hand looks like he hasn't had a proper scare in ages, yeah?"  Jungkook's grin got wider, eyes crinkling nearly into slits as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I like the way you think Jiminie-bell!"  I rolled my eyes at yet another nickname from the boy.

"Don't call me that.  That's the goofiest name yet," I whined.

"Why not?  You call me Kookie and Kook and bunny and a bunch of other silly names?  I like Jiminie-bell!" He complained with a pout and I fought back the smile that threatened to give away how soft for him I was.

"Fine!  Call me Jiminie-bell!  See if I care!"  I crossed my arms with a huff and let my bottom lip protrude into a pout.  I nearly missed Jungkook's eyes lingering on the fullness of that lip for a second too long as my heart skipped a beat.

"Alright, boys!  Let's go!  Stealthy style!" He whisper yelled to the Lost Boys.

Jungkook

With Jimin's extra sprinkling of fairy dust, I flew over Captain Yoongi and plucked the hat from his head.  He was still cowering in fear from the ticking sound I'd used to prank him with.  I landed on the crow's nest and found Jimin's smaller frame perched at the bow.

I hooted to get his attention, then yelled, "Look at me, Jiminie-bell!  I'm Captain Kook!"

It was a good thing I could fly as I fell straight down, holding my stomach from my boisterous laughter.  I landed next to Jimin as the Lost Boys sword fought pirates and looted the food stores.  We never took everything they had, just enough for a bit of fun and a nice feast. 

Jimin shook his head at me as I flung my legs over the edge of the railing to sit next to him.

"What do you think, Jiminie?  Having fun taking down some pirates with me?"

He smirked, but it contrasted the lackluster words that came next.  "It's just another adventure...Captain Kook."

He gave me a teasing shove and giggled, letting me know that he was still glad to be there with me.  My heart melted at the sound.  If only Jimin could really be my Jimin.  That would be the ultimate adventure!

Taehyung

Jungkook had left Jimin's side to join back in on the sword fights, cackling with joy as he did so.  Jimin had stayed put, staring longingly out at the sea.  Since I'd left the Lost Boys I'd aged enough to be 19 years old as well and, though Jimin and I had always been close friends, being technically the same age now made our bond even stronger.

I took over Jungkook's abandoned seat and slung an arm over my friend's shoulders.  None of the pirates or Lost Boys ever bothered the two of us during these "raids," so Jimin and I always used the time to talk.

"Why do you stay with him, Tae?" Jimin asked as soon as I was settled.

"Why do you stay with Jungkook?"

Jimin frowned at me.  "They're not the same.  You know what Yoongi did.  Jungkook would never do that...even if I want him to and would let him."

"Yoongi was a fool then, yes, but he's not a bad person.  He just read more into it than what was there.  Unfortunately, he's not reading enough into what I feel for him."

Jimin and I watched the rocky island in the distance in silence for a moment.  Purple, pink, and blue haired mermaids and mermen splashed around near it or sunbathed on the rocks.  The sun glistened off the sparkling ocean waves, highlighting the beautiful creatures' pastel coloring.  Neverland was undeniably beautiful and magical.  It just...wasn't my forever.

"You could come back with us, Tae," Jimin whispered in a near plea. 

I had to stop myself from rolling my eyes.  We always went through this and I never followed him back.  It was almost routine for us now to have this discussion.

"You know I wont leave him, Jimin.  I don't know why you always ask," I tried to keep the exasperation out of my tone.

A short arm snaked around my waist, tugging me tighter into him.  "Because I miss you and I want more for you than pining over a love that isn't worthy of you.  Because...well...Tae, am I not also deserving of your love?"

My heart squeezed hearing my best friend's voice dripping with sadness as he begged me to choose him, but I couldn't.  I shook my head, holding back the tears that threatened to fall.

"You are worthy of more love than I could possibly give you, my friend, but you know I can't come with you.  I know that you understand exactly why because of how you long for Jungkook.  I know my situation is likely completely hopeless, but there's still that tiny sliver of hope that I can't quite let go of, so I will stay until that last shred of it is gone.  At least you have the security of knowing Jungkook loves you too.  You don't need me."

He scoffed and shook his head.  "You shouldn't lie, Tae.  I do need you...and Jungkook...doesn't love me too."

I guffawed in disbelief.  The boy still didn't see it.  After all this time, he still didn't see that Jungkook was madly in love with him.  I knew they said 'Love is blind,' but I didn't think they meant like this.  I felt an overwhelming sadness in understanding that Jungkook and Jimin were the last to know about their own love story.