chapter 5

Sorry for making everyone's wait so long!!! I had a mental health break and will start to try to update regularly eom now on.

Narutos POV

When I arrive home I'm greeted by himawari. "PAPAAA!!!" I laugh and catch her as she jumps at me. "Hi hima, hi boruto, hi hun I'm home." I force myself to act as I always have and carry himawari to the table as boruto says a quiet hello and hinata says hello too. I stare at boruto as he usually telling me not to spoil hima as she's to big to be carried around now. I set it aside for now and help hinata set food out. When we're done I help hima get her food and we talk like usual about our days. Himawari was recently being trained by hinata's one cousin. I don't really Remember her name, but I agreed that it might be good for himawari to release all that energy she has instead of running around the house all the time. "How was your day boruto?" I ask once himawari finishes her story and starts eating again. "Hmm it was good. Mitsuki wants to hang put sometime." I look at him strangely as now I'm a little worried as it's not his normal response. "Oh ok, why not the 3 of you go hang out sometime. It could be a good group get-together thing." Boruto looks at me questioningly. "Three??" I nod and after swallowing my food. "Bring Sarada too! Weren't you guys recently assigned your groups? You got put in one together right? I'll give you some money and you guys can make a whole day out of it." Boruto seems to think about it. "Do I have to bring hima with." Hinata starts to say yes but I interupt her. "Nah you always bring hima with, besides hima has a play date with her cousin soon. Right hinata? I think you said sum about her going this weekend to stay at the main house." Hinata thinks about it. "Oh, your right love I completely forgot about it." Boruto smiles happily "thanks dad!! We can do some shopping and get some Ramen at the shop!!" I smile glad borutos back to his normal self.

We finish dinner and after cleaning up I say goodnight to all the kids and told hinata that I had some work left to do and I'll be up soon.

I mean technically it wasn't a lie I did bring some home so I wouldn't have to sleep with hinata. I put the paper down when an hour later I sense boruto coming downstairs. "Whats up boruto?" Boruto shuffles into the room. "Um. Can we talk dad?" I nod at scooch over so boruto can join me on the couch. "What up kiddo?" Boruto sits and looks super nervous. "Hey hey boruto it's fine. You don't gotta be so nervous." Boruto nods and looks down and blurts something out. "Ithinkimgaydad" it took me a minute to figure out what he said and by the time I did boruto was full on sobbing. I quickly pulled him into a big hug. "Boruto it's completely fine if your gay. I'm bisexual myself. Have you to your mother??" Boruto shakes his head no and soon stops crying. I smile softly at him and ruffle his hair. "Whos i the lucky guy??" I smirk as I ask. Boruto turns bright red and pushes my hand off his head. "Hmph like I'd tell you." I laugh glad that borutos back to himself again "your gonna have to tell me eventually." I let out a dramatic gasp. "Wait is it mitsukiiiii???" Boruto turns a bright red yet again and punch my arm. "Shut up!" I laugh again. "Heh. Does he knowwwwww?" For this remark I get punched yet again boruto leaving clearly embarrassed. "Goodnight boruto, love you" boruto stops and still embarrassed mumbles "goodnight, love you too dad" I smile warmly as boruto runs off back to his room with a red face and ears. I go back to doing my paper work and I must've fallen asleep at some point because I'm awoken by himawari jumping on me and boruto laughing his head off at me as I make an oof sound. "Goodmorning hima." Hima jumps up and down on my stomach making me make strangled noises to which she has a fit of giggles before running away giggling even more when I chase her down. "Got ya!!!" Hima screams in excitement and trys to wiggle away from me as I walk back to the dining room with her I my arms. "Daddyyy caught me borutoooo help meeeeee" boruto sticks his tounge out at her and sits down at the table to which hima start playfully crying about the betrayal from her own brother she just faced. I burst out laughing as I put hima in her seat. I help hinata set the table yet again and as we start to eat hima and boruto are picking fun at each other. Hinata seems to be thinking about something else other than her family and it doesn't take a genius to think of what when a light blush comes across her face. My heart clenchs as deep down I do care about her and love her. I feel so hurt that she would do this to me.