CA: CW - "What a Gene Pool"

PROOF READ

2016 Queens, New York

Carlos walked out of Midtown Tech, and straight towards his fathers car, ignoring the waves from girls and the offers to play football from the guys. He pulled the door to the white car open and threw his back pack into the backseat before facing forward. The ride was silent for only a second, "look at you, getting the attention from all the girls, and I swear even some of the boys had wandering eyes", Carlos glared at his father. Ever since he came out to his parents they always try to find him a boyfriend- well he didn't exactly 'come out', his mother had called him for dinner and as they ate the woman randomly asked if he had a boyfriend yet, and ever since then they have both supported him with everything in his life.

The ride home was filled with his father complaining about customers at the mechanics he worked at, but the man was shocked silent when he spotted an expensive black car outside their apartment block.

Inside the apartment, Aaliyah sat on the coach, still in her nurse scrubs, talking to Tony Stark, "so, why are you here, mr. Stark?", her face was stony, not liking that the man was in her home, especially since the family was hiding a big secret.

"I'm here to speak to your son", the words had barely left his lips before the woman spoke up again.

"Why?"

Tony never got the chance to answer as the front door opens and the other two inhabitants stepped in, "wow, Tony Stark", the man spoke then shook his sons shoulders, pointing at the man, "look, Tony Stark", Carlos took his shoes off, sliding on some slides, hung his beanie up before looking at the man, face unchanging.

The billionaire looked between the family of three, and could only mutter out a few words, "Jesus. What a gene pool", Jackson laughed before approaching the man, shaking his hand.

"Mr. Stark, really is a pleasure to meet you, I am Jackson Gray" he points to his wife, "this is my wife Aaliyah" and the he drags his son forward, "and our son, Carlos", he stares at the quiet man, "so... how can we help?"

Tony blinks back to reality and places a phone on coffee table, showing two cars about to hit, but they're stopped, one being encased in stone, the other wrapped in vines. Aaliyah, turns to her son, "Carlos. Ezequiel. Gray. You used your powers"

The young boy looks at his mother, then points at his dad, "papa was there. He told me to save them", the woman's glare now lands on her husband.

"Are you an idiot? Now he's been discovered and they'll take our son from us", the family quickly descends into chaos, while Tony tries to speak, when he isn't listened to he looks to Carlos, who was silent watching his parent with a smirk.

Tony steps onto the coffee table and claps, going the attention of everyone, "Mrs. Gray, I do not want to take your son, I need-"

"Get off my table"

Tony nods, and jumps from the table, slightly scared of the woman (not that he'd ever admit it), "-sorry... But I need your sons help. I need him to be a hero", he looks to Carlos, who in turn looks at his parents.

"Well? should I?, you're both always saying I should be helping people"

Jackson looks at Tony, "will he be safe? and his identity kept secret?", Tony nods which makes Jackson clap, "then I don't see why not"

Aaliyah turns to her husband, "what? he could be hurt, or worse", the two stare at each other before Aaliyah deflates, looking to her son and holding his face in her hands, "Carlos, baby. It's your decision, completely"

Carlos looks between his parents, and then to Tony, he looks back at his parents, seeing nothing but love, support and pride in their eyes. He finally nods, "okay. I'll help", his mother kisses his cheeks and his father hugs him.