SM: HC - Moving Day

2016 Queens, New York

Carlos dropped Peter at his apartment before returning to his own, when he got there his parents were sat watching the TV with worry on their faces. He sat down on the sofa, still in his suit, "hey", his parents didn't reply for a while, before his mother looked to him.

"That", she pointed at the news channel which still showed the frozen ferry, "that is serious, what are you mixed up in?"

His dad now turned to him, and Carlos decided to tell them everything, "Peter has been tracking a bad guy, and I had to help because Mr. Stark made me Peters protector, we followed the bad guy to the ferry where they were doing an arms deal, but something went wrong and I had to step in", his dad rubbed his shoulder, "Mr. Stark also took Peters suit", this shocked his parents.

"What? Why?"

Carlos looked at his dad, "apparently, he thinks Peter can't handle the responsibility", he scoffed at the end of the sentence, showing his disbelief.

"But you get to keep your suit?"

He nodded again, "he wants me to be a hero", Carlos shook his head, looking down at his hands, "I'm not a hero"

His mom stood up at this, "who says you're not a hero?... you?", she the. grabbed the TV remote and turned the volume up.

"As we can see here, if New Yorks new hero didn't step in when he did all of the passengers of this very would not be stood here right now", the face of Christine Roberts appeared on their screen, "there has been many thanks and prayers sent out for Control, whose powers managed to stop any loss of life today. So from myself, these passengers and all of New York, we say Thank You, Control, and we'll sleep easier knowing you're out there watching over us"

Carlos looked to his mothers face as she started to speak softly, "I know that you don't want the attention, or the praise, but you have been given these powers to help people. Your middle name is Ezequiel, that means-"

"Strength of God", Carlos cut her off, "yes, I know, but I'm not a god"

His dad then piped up, "you're the closest thing we have", he rubbed his sons shoulder, "to those people out there, the thought of you makes them feel safe. You know me and your mother will stand by you, no matter what, but I think that you should be the hero this world needs, not someone doing it out of guilt or doing it because they have nothing else, but being a hero because they can... if you give up being a hero and something happens that you could've stopped, but didn't, how will you be able to live with yourself?", this made Carlos see things in a new light as he went off to bed, head filled with thoughts of what being a hero actually meant. 

Things at school had gone back to normal, Carlos decided to continue being a hero, he just hated that he had to do it alone now, he missed Peters commentaries and his silly questions, but he knew that after patrol he could drop by Peters window an...

Things at school had gone back to normal, Carlos decided to continue being a hero, he just hated that he had to do it alone now, he missed Peters commentaries and his silly questions, but he knew that after patrol he could drop by Peters window and cuddle the boy until his heart didn't feel as empty as it usually did.