prologue.

Today was the day Evelyn was being sent off by her school as an exchange student. She didn't mind though of course, it was a free holiday and a chance to see another part of the world but she couldn't help the pit of anxiety brewing within her as she would be forced to communicate with others (something she was not very good at). Sure she had many friends in London, i mean who didn't know who she was? Her mom put her into modelling at a young age to get some money and she ended up successful, now everyone knows who she is.

She carefully picked up her luggage and trudged to the car, placing her suitcase and handbag in the back as she took a seat next to her father.
"now behave evelyn, we didn't raise you to be ill-mannered. Be nice to those around you, you don't want to ruin your image do you?" her father spoke flatly.
"of course not, but if someone is rude towards me i won't let them say it" the girl replied playing with her thumbs.
~time skip to the airport~
Evelyn and her father got to the airport and met up with her teacher Mrs Grove.
"Have you got everything?" mrs grove questioned and the girl nodded smiling brightly. Mrs grove smiled and checked in while evelyn and her father say goodbye to each other.
"Phone me when you get off the plane, you know how your mother is she'll be worried sick if she doesn't hear from you" her father said sternly.
"I know" the girl replied "i'll call you straight away, do you know how long i have to stay for?"
"only a month" he replied
"a month!?" she shouted "that's soooo long"
"you'll be fine, you're a bright girl i believe in you" he sighed and kissed her forehead "now off you go, you have a plane to catch" he nudged her lightly smiling. The girl nodded her head in response and ran off waving lightly.  'This will be fun' she thought.

~another time skip, sorry i'm lazy~
Evelyn's POV:
I quickly got changed into the uniform the school had sent for me and put my name tag on "에블린 캠벨" it read. I put my hair up with a white ribbon and put on a small amount of blush and mascara, i smiled at myself in the mirror and ran downstairs.
I quickly made myself some toast and ate it, Mrs grove wasn't up yet so i wouldn't have been able to say bye to her. I washed my plate up and put my headphones in "hey siri, play no surprises by radiohead" i said quietly. The song began to fill my ears as i smiled to myself in contentment, i walked outside and began to walk to the school.
Students began to ponder in left and right and suddenly my anxiety felt crippling, I quickly brushed the sweat off my forehead and got myself together. The song had finished so i took my headphones out and decided to scroll through my phone as i walked. BANG! and i was on the floor.
"Watch where you're going shithead!" a gruff voice shouted and i flinched.
"I'm sorry" i replied timidly as i scrambled up off my feet and wiped the dirt off my skirt. I looked up to see a guy wearing a black vest top and white shirt hanging open with black trousers on, he had a mullet. His glare turned into a smirk as he looked me up and down.
"well aren't you a pretty thing...I don't think i've seen you around before" he said.
"you probably haven't" i retorted "i'm the exchange student from London" i rolled my eyes and he glared again.
"a foreigner" he spat "of course, nice to meet you..."
"Evelyn...Evelyn Campbell" i sighed
"i'm Gwi-nam" he shrugged "the coolest guy in school"
"okay if you say so" i laughed
"what's so funny?" he growled
"nothing" i said nervously and he smiled
"look if you know what's best for you stick with me, i wouldn't want to see a...pretty face like yours with the losers" he said and i nodded in response "look i have somewhere to be but i'll see you later" he winked at me and then walked off to find his goons. What a weirdo...

Little did i know, that was the start of something i never would've expected...