chapter 8

Evelyn's POV:
I woke up the next morning with Cheong-sans arms wrapped around me and I smiled, it was nice to be in his embrace. I didn't move as I didn't want to wake him.
"good morning" Su-hyeok said approaching us.
"how long have you been up?" i questioned.
"long enough to see you cuddling with Cheong-san" he replied and i frowned feeling guilty "what does he have that I don't?" he questions and i go to reply but feel Cheong-san stir.
"morning" cheong-san said sleepily "did anyone come?" and i shook my head and muttered a simple no. I stood up and walked over to the window.
"I knew no one would come" i stated and Su-hyeok approached me.
"how did you know?" he asked and i looked at him.
"this country values wisdom, i learnt about it at my school back in London" i said and he stared at me blankly "i knew they wouldn't save us because their top priority is adults as they have more wisdom than us" i explained and he nodded. We continued to stare at each other and i saw his eyes flicker to my lips and back up at my eyes but then i heard someone cough awkwardly. Me and su-hyeok turned towards the noise and saw Wu-jin stood there awkwardly. I smiled sheepishly at him and walked away from Su-hyeok and sat on a chair next to Joon-yeong.
~ time skip ~
"my dad taught me an emergency signal that's used internationally but...i can't remember what it was" On-jo pointed out "we could just write SOS on a curtain, just until help arrives" she suggested and everyone nodded.
"we wont last that long anyway" Nam-ra said "we will be dehydrated and starving by the time anyone comes to save us" she said looking around "we need to get to know the situation before we can decide what to do about it" she explained and I agreed with her.
"so what? we need to find a phone or something so we can understand what's going on?" i questioned and she nodded.
"but where would we find a phone?" wu-jin questioned and everyone was silent.
"the teachers office!" cheong-san stated "that's where they keep all the phones"
"well who is going then?" Joon-yeong questioned and everyone began to argue about it until i stood up and slammed my hands on the table.
"i'll go" i said and everyone looked at me with wide eyes "i can fight so i'll be fine"
"i'll go with you" cheong-san said "you know...just in case you need back up" and i nodded at him.
"okay, we will go" i said approaching the window "we won't be long" I climbed on the window and grabbed onto the hose to steady myself and began to make my way to the teachers office, Cheong-san following behind.
"why do you always follow us?" i heard cheong-san ask and i turned my head and saw Su-hyeok.
"who else do you have?" he replied in a duh tone and i chuckled slightly and he smiled cheekily.
We got to the teachers office and snuck in and ducked behind a desk. I spotted the phones and tapped them on the shoulder.
"look they're over there" SMASH! 'you've got to be kidding me.' I thought.
Eun-ji was smashing all the phones, but luckily one of them landed over by us and i reached out to grab it but she saw me.
"i'm gonna kill you!!!!" she screamed and went to hit me but i grabbed the phone and dodged her. I clicked to see if the phone worked and it didn't so i threw it to the ground in rage. Me and Cheong-san looked at each other and ran to find a phone.
"Su-hyeok go back! we will catch up with you!" i screamed and he nodded and made his way out. Cheong-san grabbed a phone and dragged me out the room, the zombies following us. He dragged me into a room and shut the door behind us. I panted and turned around to see Gwi-nam trying to tie up the principal.
"what are you doing?" i asked him genuinely concerned.
"this motherfucker tried to kill me!" he accused and i gasped as i saw the principal struggle under his grasp. "i would feed him to the zombies but i think i'd take a lot more pleasure in killing him myself" he said as he took a knife out and my eyes widened. Cheong-san pulled out the phone and started recording him.
"i'm recording you Gwi-nam and when we escape i'm going to show the police and you're going to be arrested"cheong-san said and i rolled my eyes "you're a loser, you're not cool you're just the bullies gopher, you're a nobody. no wonder eve left you" he said hitting a nerve and Gwi-nam grit his teeth and slit the principals throat.
"am i still weak huh!? give me the phone" gwi-nam commanded but Cheong-san didn't back down "give me the god damn phone Cheong-san and i won't hurt you!"
"you'll have to catch me first" Cheong-san grabbed my hand and dragged me with him.

Wu-jin's POV:
Su-hyeok came back in through the window but he didn't have a phone.
"where's Evelyn and Cheong-san?" i questioned, worry evident in my voice.
"we got spilt up in the teachers office, they're together but i'm not sure where they went..." he explained and i sighed "i'm sorry for coming back...alone"
I walked over to the window and stared out of it, i can't lose evelyn...

Evelyn's POV:
We ran into the library and I climbed onto a bookcase with Cheong-san next to me. Gwi-nam followed short behind us and climbed onto another bookcase. Me and Cheong-san ran across the bookcases and Gwi-nam chased after us and jumped over and onto Cheong-san.
"give me the phone!" he shouted punching Cheong-san in the face multiple times. I tried to get Gwi-nam off him but he pushed me down. I grunted and got back up to see him strangling Cheong-san.
"Cheong-san just give him the phone!" i pleaded.
Gwi-nam snatched the phone out of cheong-sans hand and smiled in victory but Cheong-san slapped his hand and made the phone fly into the air and back into his hand. Gwi-nam growled and i approached them. I pulled Gwi-nam off Cheong-san and signalled him to run so he did.
I cupped Gwi-nams cheek with my hand.
"what happened to you?" i questioned and he furrowed his brows "the gwi-nam i knew would never have done this..." he looked down.
"i'm sorry eve...i wanted to be strong for you, i thought that if i showed you i was strong then you'd love me like i love you..." he explained and i lifted his chin with my finger so he was looking into my eyes. He began to lean in.
"no, i'm sorry..." he looked at me confused and i pushed him off the bookcase. He screamed in terror as zombies began to crowd him. I watched as my first ever love was bitten into by numerous zombies and tears escapes my eyes.
"help me!" he cried out "eve! please! help me! i love you!" he reached his hand out but it quickly fell as he lost consciousness.
I quickly got up and ran out of the library, dodging the zombies.
I caught up to Cheong-san and he dragged me into the music room. He closed the door and i collapsed to the floor sobbing.

'what have i done?'  i questioned myself in my head.