chapter 4

Evelyn's POV:
I take my phone out my pocket and hang it in front of the group and they all look at me.
"Use it, i might be the only person who kept my phone. Just don't lose it please all my good playlists are on there" i said chuckling a bit, Cheong-san snatched my phone and called the police. 'rude bitch' i thought scoffing.
"hello...hyosan high school...there's zombies!...this isn't a prank!" Cheong-san shouted as he tugged on his hair "just get here quickly please, we need help!...DANG IT!" he screamed as he threw my phone. "shit..." i ran over to my phone and picked it up, i clenched my jaw and looked at him. "i'm sorry..."
"you better be you ignorant twat!" i said rolling my eyes as i turned my phone on "you better thank your lucky stars that it turned back on" i said angrily as i stuffed my phone in my pocket and kicked Cheong-sans leg as he groaned in pain.
"Is anyone coming?" Na-yeon whined.
"probably not. you really think that people are gonna believe that ZOMBIES are at our school and eating people? you only see that kind of stuff in a horror film you dumbass" i said sarcastically and Cheong-san flicked my ear, I held onto it, my mouth agape as he smiled at me cheekily. 'i'll kill you' i mouthed to him and he snickered.
"Evelyn is right" Wu-jin stepped forward "the idea of zombies being real is unbelievable, there's no way that people will seriously believe that what we are experiencing is real"
"thank you Wu-jin, finally someone with common sense!" i exhaled loudly and he smiles accomplished.
"we need to get to the science lab" i said and everyone looked at me confused.
"the science lab? why?" On-jo asked, i-sak stood next to her holding onto her arm.
"there's taps in there, it might be our only source of water and the room is also way bigger. plus, there's more than one room so it may be useful to us in the long run. god knows how long we will be stranded here" i explained.
"but if we go out it's basically suicide!" Su-hyeok protested just trying to start fights.
"we will be fine!" i exclaimed "we have chairs and stuff to protect us" and he huffed in annoyance and muttered 'fine'. I smiled and clapped my hands "let's go then!"
I opened the door slowly and rushed out into the hall, the other following close behind me. Some of them started grabbing windows and even doors and i had nothing. Dae-su ran in front of me while holding a door, shielding me from the monsters trying to grab me. We all ran up the stairs and to the science classroom but the door was locked. I helped Dae-su push the zombies away as On-jo tried to get the lock of the science classrooms door.
"On-jo hurry up! i don't know how much longer we can hold this!" dae-su shouted as he face was going red from holding the door with all of his strength.
"it's unlocked!" she shouted as we all ran inside dodging the 'zombies'. Gyeong-su shut the door in a hurry.
"this is worse than train to busan" Cheong-san stated and i furrowed my eyebrows.
"what the hell is that?" i asked and his face dropped.
"it's the best zombie movie out there!!!" he shouted.
"shhh! you'll attract all the zombiesss" I said making sure to emphasise the word zombies to taunt him "i bet the walking dead is better" and he scoffed.
"you're just like Gwi-nam, rude and inconsiderate" he retorts and i gasp offended, this makes everyone's head turn toward us.
"are you joking? she's nothing like him dude!" Joon-yeong defended and Cheong-sans eyes widened in realisation.
"w-wait i didn't mean it like that" he said turning to me.
"forget it" i said as i walked past him making sure to nudge him. I walked over to a tap and drank some of the water and then wiped my mouth.
'i hate these people' i thought.
I sat down on a chair as I heard the zombies banging on the door, i reached in my pocket for my phone and then realised it wasn't there. I sighed in disappointment and sunk into the chair when i heard a gasp.
"I-sak why are you so cold?" On-jo questioned "y-you're okay aren't you?" she stuttered out.
"i-i'm not bitten i swear, on-jo you need to believe me. i'm okay" i-sak begged her friend as her eyes turned bloodshot. On-jo shook her head in despair.
"you're going to be o-okay i-sak" she choked out "you're fine..." i-sak's nose began to bleed and her bones began to crack, i looked at her in horror as On-jo held onto her.
"On-jo get back! she's turning!" i shouted but she didn't budge. Cheong-san dragged her away from i-sak as she finally turned but then On-jo got out of his hold and tried to go to her but I-sak lunged at her.
I ran up to the pair holding a chair and pushed I-sak away from On-jo and she flew into the wall. On-jo was stood next to the window.
"I-sak we are friends, please...don't do this" she pleased but I-sak launched for her again but this time cheong-san pushed her out the window but On-jo held onto her hand.
"On-jo you need to let her go...she's not herself anymore" i reasoned with her "please" i begged. Cheong-san then grabbed the chair I was holding earlier and repeatedly hit I-sak with it until she finally fell. I sighed walking away from the window when i looked around the room and realised something.
"hey guys" i said as they turned their attention on me "where's su-hyeok?" i questioned turning to look at Cheong-san "he was behind you right?" and he nodded
"well yeah he was but i don't know where he went" he explained and i grabbed my hair in frustration. "he will be fine, he's athletic and super fast" and i rolled my eyes.
"that doesn't mean i won't worry about him" i said sighing and he frowned.
"we need to get out here, we aren't safe. the zombies will get in" cheong-san said changing the conversation topic. "we need to get the hose"